6.2L Gen V LT Gladiator - Would You be Interested?

Bierpower

Hooked
I would love a 6.2 but the price ouch. I took my build of aftermarket parts and added to the price of the new 392 and the numbers were around 100k, it made more sense to just buy a v8 as well. I say your better off dropping a V8 in because both your JL and JT are awesome builds. I did like the video Bubba did on the LS vs. Hemi but at the same time I have been watching some videos on Motech and they are awesome as well. The thing that has me leaning towards the 6.2 from my understanding is easier plug and play, you can keep cruse control, and cooling is better. If I misunderstood that please correct me.
If your handy with a wrench the 6.2 swap really isn't that bad. I got my L86/10 speed for about $6k and the Motech kit for another $7k. I've been trying to keep everything together so I can post it up on my build thread when done. You have some sensors and hoses and such to buy but it's really not a terrible amount of work to do. Robbie has it pretty well figured out and simplified.

Bierpower

Hooked
Actually, if I were to do this, I would probably do it with the 8-speed being that it was made for trucks and heavy duty applications. :)
I did find out this week that you can put a transmission dip stick tube on the 8 speed where as the ten speed is a sealed system. That's the biggest thing that would make me lean 8-speed.

100% on board for a V8. I’m so sick and tired of these pieces of shit throw away EV’s and small displacement engine vehicles.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's all good info, hopefully you guys have a good year and can get one installed so I can see how awesome it is lol
LOL - thank you. Gonna talk to Motech. If things go well, I'll try to convince them to make things happen.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's ok though, just throw it out and get another car, the people pushing these agendas don't seem to worry about the creation or disposal of any of this stuff, only that it "burns clean"
Well yeah. I mean, there's NOTHING harmful about batteries. Just dig a hole in the backyard and bury them. 👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As far as power goes,
Still alot but that's kinda the deal. let's be honest thought that's significantly less than what the AMW4x4 392 is going to come in at, plus I'm assuming the 6.2 is lighter and fairly similar power output (haven't checked the #s).
I should note that we've actually been kicking around the idea of converting Moby's L86/LT1 into a LT4. If we did that, we'd be looking at 640 HP and 630 Torque and for not too much money. A 392 will only put out 470 HP and 470 Torque.

benatc1

Hooked
As far as power goes,

I should note that we've actually been kicking around the idea of converting Moby's L86/LT1 into a LT4. If we did that, we'd be looking at 640 HP and 630 Torque and for not too much money. A 392 will only put out 470 HP and 470 Torque.
That sounds like a good time, would that basically rebuild your current motor or would you have to swap again?

MericaMade

As far as power goes,

I feel that much HP is asking for trouble but I also don't have the experience you do behind the wheel of a V8. With that much HP would you need to upgrade TC, axles, and shafts again?

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
I’d love to put a V8 in the gladiator for sure… and of course the JKU if I still have it. The extra cost of making it possible is what makes it hard… axle swaps etc. not to mention getting the parts here. It would probably be cheaper to ship the Jeep to the e mainland to have it all done than ship everything here. Either way, I’m a looong ways away from that being an option. On the plus side, if we keep our Jeeps running, we’ll all be owners of “classic” vehicles simply because they still run on gas.

JT@623

Hooked
I would’ve probably bought a JT if the LT swap was an option. I love the LT1 10 speed combo in the JKU. The next mod for me is the LT4 supercharger.

Top Bottom