2021 WAYALIFE New Year's Kick Off Run

Brute

Hooked
Looks like I may not be able to make this run after all...Picked up my JK6 in St. George late Monday afternoon...the good news is I was able to go 380 miles before stopping for fuel. The bad news is after installing two new Aeromotive fuels pumps, one of the circuit breakers to the pumps kept tripping on the drive back, even after increasing amperage from 15 to 20 amps. It can drive on one fuel pump when there is no load on the engine, but going up a grade, speeding up on an on ramp or trying to pass it falters...and with the holidays upon us, it will not be resolved before I need to leave for NV.

I had the shocks removed from Brute and sent to EVO for rebuild, and the rear driveline was tweaked after my last Dusy run which was also sent out for repair...don't think I'll get them back in time for this run.

And no, I'm not driving the Bronco...

bhaner

Looks like I may not be able to make this run after all...Picked up my JK6 in St. George late Monday afternoon...the good news is I was able to go 380 miles before stopping for fuel. The bad news is after installing two new Aeromotive fuels pumps, one of the circuit breakers to the pumps kept tripping on the drive back, even after increasing amperage from 15 to 20 amps. It can drive on one fuel pump when there is no load on the engine, but going up a grade, speeding up on an on ramp or trying to pass it falters...and with the holidays upon us, it will not be resolved before I need to leave for NV.

I had the shocks removed from Brute and sent to EVO for rebuild, and the rear driveline was tweaked after my last Dusy run which was also sent out for repair...don't think I'll get them back in time for this run.

Bummer! If you do get it sorted out in time let me know. KevinG and I plan on doing some trails near Vegas on our way down on Thursday/Friday before the event.

fiend

Caught the Bug

That’s a bummer Ed. Was looking forward to catching up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug

MericaMade

Well the good news is I sold both the axles for the price I wanted but the bad news is I am going to have to pull out from this run.

Brute

Hooked
Bummer! If you do get it sorted out in time let me know. KevinG and I plan on doing some trails near Vegas on our way down on Thursday/Friday before the event.

If you wanted to come down with no Jeep I'm sure someone would offer up a seat. It would have been good to see you again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m still working on it...game time decision. Maybe a good excuse to buy a new Bronco...since I’m Jeepless in Seattle at the moment...

Jimmypaget

Well I’ll be working but I’ll keep an eye out for any awesome jeeps on my way to and from work.

treys1

As much as I hate to do this, I am going to bow out. I have always wanted to participate in a WOL event, so hopefully this will not preclude me from going in the future!

Unfortunately after a week off and plenty of time to trail, I sprung a (currently) very minor trans leak. It's something that doesn't much worry me for running around close to home, but it would really suck to head off on a long weekend adventure of 700+ miles (1 way) to get from Las Cruces to the starting point, only to force the minor leak into a serious issue. And as I am currently back out of town for work , there is no way to get it sorted before the run.

:grayno:

jdofmemi

As much as I hate to do this, I am going to bow out. I have always wanted to participate in a WOL event, so hopefully this will not preclude me from going in the future!

Unfortunately after a week off and plenty of time to trail, I sprung a (currently) very minor trans leak. It's something that doesn't much worry me for running around close to home, but it would really suck to head off on a long weekend adventure of 700+ miles (1 way) to get from Las Cruces to the starting point, only to force the minor leak into a serious issue. And as I am currently back out of town for work , there is no way to get it sorted before the run.

:grayno:

Sorry to hear that.

Good luck getting it sorted out soon.

KICKROX

Man, so sorry I missed this. Would have been a good trip to break in our new gladiator on 37’s and 2 inch lift that is a about 2 months old. Then again, next to eddies’s 42’s I would have come back crying.

Have a fun time guys!

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Well ...... Damn. Enjoy everyone!!! Eddie if enough people fall off of love to join the crew.

Happy New Years everyone!

Just in case - I’m Billy and my user name is my real name .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

IMG_4770.jpg

Last edited:

bhaner

If anyone is interested in running some trails on Sunday please get in contact with me.

At this point we are looking at running Two Leaf. Maybe more if time allows.

FYI I have been told that Two Leaf is a 35"+ tire and locker required trail. There are some tight spots and body damage is a possibility. There are a few youtube videos you can watch to see if it is what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom