1985 CJ-8 Scrambler Restoration

wjtstudios

Hooked
Has anyone run a Howell or Holley TBI on a CJ? A bunch of the scrambler guys do and strongly recommend it, but I haven’t driven one personally. If I’m going to swap one in, nows the time.

jdofmemi

Has anyone run a Howell or Holley TBI on a CJ? A bunch of the scrambler guys do and strongly recommend it, but I haven’t driven one personally. If I’m going to swap one in, nows the time.
I haven't on a Jeep, but I don't want any engine without fuel injection.

That's about the only electronics I really like.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I would definitely go with fuel injection. I haven’t run the Howell (or Holley) TBI, but I have heard good things. I have run old style Holley carburetors, and they are kind of a PITA compared to newer technology.

Ddays

Hooked
Looks great Bill. Hmmm...that transfer case looks really good. I like Atlas transfer cases

Y'know, you really need one.

Do the TBI. Screw nostalgia. Fiddling with carbs sucks. You want to get in it and go have fun.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I would definitely go with fuel injection. I haven’t run the Howell (or Holley) TBI, but I have heard good things. I have run old style Holley carburetors, and they are kind of a PITA compared to newer technology.
Yeah, that’s what everyone keeps telling me. I think I’m going to go with the Howell. It seems a bit more straightforward than the Holley sniper

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that’s what everyone keeps telling me. I think I’m going to go with the Howell. It seems a bit more straightforward than the Holley sniper
I installed a Howell TBI on my old CJ7 and thought it worked well. Easy install too. Here's a link to my old write-up

Elroy231

That is one fresh Scrambler. The budgeting has been worth it and your dream is becoming an almost complete reality. Looks amazing.

Top Bottom