1985 CJ-8 Scrambler Restoration

CalSgt

Hooked
A friend just bought a '69 CJ that they want to freshen up a little, what are some good parts retailers for older jeeps?

jeep.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
A friend just bought a '69 CJ that they want to freshen up a little, what are some good parts retailers for older jeeps?

View attachment 363382
That’s a great shot!!

It all depends. If you want original OEM equipment, eBay is the best. Otherwise I just search around to find the best prices. Quadratic, 4wd, etc. Omit-Ada and Crown have pretty correct replacement parts and they are a lot more cost effective especially when you compare it to the JK/JL platforms. And they are a hell of a lot easier to work on too.

what is he looking to to with it?

CalSgt

Hooked
That’s a great shot!!

It all depends. If you want original OEM equipment, eBay is the best. Otherwise I just search around to find the best prices. Quadratic, 4wd, etc. Omit-Ada and Crown have pretty correct replacement parts and they are a lot more cost effective especially when you compare it to the JK/JL platforms. And they are a hell of a lot easier to work on too.

I think they are going to make it mechanically sound & patch a few other things, they are probably going to leave the faded paint and patina. I noticed one of the pictures the transmission tunnel service panel is gone, wiper arms gone, steering wheel is garbage etc...

The guys wife works right in the office next to mine so she is the one that brought it up... I'll hit up her husband next time I see him for more details

wjtstudios

Hooked
Wipers, tunnel panel , and little things just order a replacement Omix or crown. For the steering column, that’s best off ebay. Find a tilt column if you can

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That’s a great shot!!

Yup, this ^^^^

Early CJ5's are easier to find parts for than an intermediate so it shouldn't be too hard.

Top Bottom