Will the 2017 Jeep JL Wrangler Target the "Soft" SUV Market?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I like how people get mad when "soccer moms" don't wave and assume the jeep wave is dead. Maybe they are just uncomfortable with the creepy dude that's waiving at them? :idontknow:

JKUndaunted

I was under the impression that the jk was a massive success with huge sales figures. Why would it need to change. I cant see them using independent suspension or a unibody. If they do it will be the end of the line in my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

gtony12

Caught the Bug
You could be right on this one but, you can be sure that I'll still get one and just to see what I can do with it :yup:

:eek:Sorry Eddie. But I will let you be the giune pig on this one then see what you can do with it then go from there. :):thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

KingCopperhead

Increasingly stringent government regulations on fuel economy. It's a strain on automakers. Look up "C. A. F. E" regulations. In a nuteshell: they state that an auto maker's entire lineup of vehicles must meet a certain average mpg.

It's a shame.

Glad I bought my 14 jk, I'll build it and keep it forever. Still have the TJ that I bought brand new in 1997, so keeping my jeep for a long time isn't a problem.

On an optimistic note, who knows: maybe jeep will find a way to incorporate an effective ifs for the wrangler. Clearly it will be more expensive to modify, it will lack the benefits of a live axle. When people are as passionate as wrangler owners are, any change is often going to be met with criticism. In the meantime, we have our jks (and other older jeeps) if the new jeep sucks, that just means we don't have to spend 40k on a new one, and can open up the mod budgets.

It will hurt to see the brand take a downturn though. It's such an amazing legacy that these jeeps share. Nobody wants to see that tarnished. It's like Joe Montana playing for the Chiefs after he left the 49ers lol

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKMag

I guess we have to expect some changes with any vehicle because of CAFE standards driving manufacturers R&D and design. With that being said, I would be ok with an IFS and/or IRS as others have said companies will adjust to the new market to stay in business.

The couple things that I think could kill the Wrangler for me personally would be:
1. Discontinue removable Soft/Hard top.
2. Radically change the iconic 7 grill boxy wrangler design.
3. Change Body on Frame to Unibody.

MrHooah04

Increasingly stringent government regulations on fuel economy. It's a strain on automakers. Look up "C. A. F. E" regulations. In a nuteshell: they state that an auto maker's entire lineup of vehicles must meet a certain average mpg.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Most automakers simply take the federal fine each year they don't make the regulation. I don't feel this is their #1 concern.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If it's over 30 mpg, I will be buying one. When's the release date?

So far, word had it we might see a December release in North America. Hard to say for sure being that Chrysler is being kind of tight lipped about it. If I could guess, they are probably waiting on the new 9-speed transmission to be finished. Same thing happened with the KL Cherokee.

Mitrig

So far, word had it we might see a December release in North America. Hard to say for sure being that Chrysler is being kind of tight lipped about it. If I could guess, they are probably waiting on the new 9-speed transmission to be finished. Same thing happened with the KL Cherokee.

I have a few friend engineerig friends who work in the design dept now I'm goin to harass them for answers

Top Bottom