Wildomar OHV Area / Truck Trails (SOCAL)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Are there engine requirements?

You should be good with yours. Ill bring my oil and tow strap.

Ok here is the new plan as of now. Who is down to run Lower Coyote Canyon from Borrego Springs? We will meet on the centurion bronco 79, AKA the 79 South and Butterfield Stage Rd. There is a Mobil station in the shopping complex, 33165 Temecula Pkwy Temecula, CA 92592 is the address. 1000 is still a good meeting time, I can also do earlier. But that is up to you all.

Keep it at 10.

Skid_Kid

Sent you pm about how long is the trail

South Coyote Canyon Trail

Starting Point:

DiGiorgio Road, 7.6 miles north of Borrego Springs

Finishing Point:

Middle Willows, Coyote Canyon

Total Mileage:

13.2 miles (one-way)

Unpaved Mileage:

13.2 miles

Driving Time:

2.5 hours (one-way)

Elevation Range:

700-1,800 feet

Usually Open:

October 1 to May 31

Best Time to Travel:

October 1 to May 31

Difficulty Rating:

Scenic Rating:

Remoteness Rating:

+0

Special Attractions

Sent from my PRC-119

Skid_Kid

Well now due to an unforeseen requirement at work. :tantrum: I can no longer go. Have fun everybody. :tantrum:

rubicrawl

Well now due to an unforeseen requirement at work. :tantrum: I can no longer go. Have fun everybody. :tantrum:

What? Really? That sucks brotha sorry to hear that next time hopefully I go tomorrow I'll take pics is everyone still going?

TheDuff

I saw someone say that coyote canyon was closed last month. Is this a different part of the trail?

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moochie

I saw someone say that coyote canyon was closed last month. Is this a different part of the trail?

The last info I saw was, they were trying to get it open by early Nov. I haven't checked to see if it has opened yet.

TheDuff

I found where I had read it was closed, no info since early last month. But here is the head ranger's number: Sue McLaughlin 760 767 5311.
One of u can call and check the status:)

Moochie

I'm going out to Borrego on Sat. You are all welcome to join me. My daughters boyfriend, with his dual sport bike (and maybe his dad with a quad) are coming with me. If his dad comes, we might be limited to Ocotillo Wells area. Only street legal vehicles allowed in the park.

JAGS

Hooked
I'm going out to Borrego on Sat. You are all welcome to join me. My daughters boyfriend, with his dual sport bike (and maybe his dad with a quad) are coming with me. If his dad comes, we might be limited to Ocotillo Wells area. Only street legal vehicles allowed in the park.

Oh man, would love to meet up with ya, but Sats are still occupied with coaching son's soccer. I'm sure you'll have a blast.

- Jason

rubicrawl

I found where I had read it was closed, no info since early last month. But here is the head ranger's number: Sue McLaughlin 760 767 5311.
One of u can call and check the status:)

Damn it already closed

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
We'll if everything is closed I guess I'll work tomorrow :(. Maybe next time

Last edited:
Top Bottom