Why the 1/4 pounder?

bkac

Caught the Bug
I use it as a compass, I point it in the direction I want the jeep to go. :) I love it for parking in tight areas because you can see the end of it. Also I think it's the only way to go if you have a powerplant, it allows it to sit really low in the bumper allowing more airflow through the radiator.

Right Rudder

The ability to stuff a powerplant as low as possible in the bumper (between the rails) was my primary reason for getting a 1/4 pounder. Watching dozens of happy Jeepers slam them into rocks repeatedly with little to no damage over the course of several years of wayalife video observation helped reinforce my confidence.

I went steel so my 12k powerplant/bumper/stinger combo is heavy/a bit pricey but as I justified it to the wife: "It's the last winch and bumper this Jeep will ever need."

Jmjnewbold

At first I thought the 1/4 was ok. But the more I seen them in person the more I liked them. The simplicity and beffyness of them grew on me. I have/had the Purejeep stubby on mine, but it is currently at ORE getting the 1/4 with stinger put on. Can't wait!
Have you seen the 1/4 pounder in person yet?

I have not seen it in person. Living in NW Florida, I don't see a whole lot of modified jeeps, mostly stock or your typical Mall Crawler types.

t8er

I had an ORFAB bumper and then recently picked up the 1/4 pounder. My ORFAB bumper held up well. When I wanted to upgrade I researched a lot more and it came down to EVO, Poison Spyder, Crawler Conceptz and JCR. I looked at 4 side by side, compared price, ease of installation, powder coating and reviews. Tim at Northridge really hooked me up on the 1/4 pounder and I'm really happy. It looks so much meaner and its stout. I'll also say that EVO didn't make their stinger ridiculous like some others and it's nice when parking.

Clem319

I have the new purejeep bumper and I love it. I had the poison spyder before and this one is much smaller and lighter ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437760038.128270.jpg

Jk909

I've been debating on getting the 1/4 pounder for a while but I haven't seen it on a smaller jeep like mine. Most of the time it's on a 4 door with 37s. I have a 2 door on 285/75/r17 with wheel spacers and a 3" lift. Do you guys think it will look good?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I've been debating on getting the 1/4 pounder for a while but I haven't seen it on a smaller jeep like mine. Most of the time it's on a 4 door with 37s. I have a 2 door on 285/75/r17 with wheel spacers and a 3" lift. Do you guys think it will look good?

I saw it on two door w/35s and stock fenders this past weekend. I think it still looked good.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Here it is. Owner is moorecb3
1437761079788.jpg

Jk909

Cool man thanks. I was waiting for my truck lites, I couldn't get rid of the fogs with the factory headlights being so horrible. It's ready now I was just waiting to see it on a smaller build.

moorecb3

Cool man thanks. I was waiting for my truck lites, I couldn't get rid of the fogs with the factory headlights being so horrible. It's ready now I was just waiting to see it on a smaller build.

There is more pictures of it in our recent gulches thread. Also if you want any more pictures I'd be more then happy to show you

Jk909

There is more pictures of it in our recent gulches thread. Also if you want any more pictures I'd be more then happy to show you

Just checked out the gulches pics and your jeep looks great. Wish I went with a mt, my at's aren't so aggressive but I think it will look ok until I change the tires. Thanks for your help.

moorecb3

Just checked out the gulches pics and your jeep looks great. Wish I went with a mt, my at's aren't so aggressive but I think it will look ok until I change the tires. Thanks for your help.

Thank you! Personally since its s really high clearance stubby bumper I think it makes your jeep appear to look bigger/more aggressive even if it's not. I only have a 2.5in lift as well. I'm sure you would like this or any of the other bumpers people have recommended

Clem319

To qualify your response, it might be helpful to others if they knew how you got your PUREJEEP bumper for free. Just trying to keep it real.

Yes it was free but I still like it. I would buy this bumper. I covered that on my build thread. I was just giving options and was not trying to push the product. I have no interest in the company.

dillard09

Has anyone installed fog lights on the 1/4 pounder?

I know Krieger has some mounted on his 1/4. I think he used larger washer and bolted it to the T hole. He started a thread about it. Just search. I'm having mine mounted up with the offset fairlead light mount.

Top Bottom