Why the 1/4 pounder?

ClarksAdventures

I like that LOD stubby, I think that might be the next bumper I get if the price is comparable to the 1/4 pounder. I want something that I can keep my factory fog lights and set my winch down lower.

I think the prices are fairly comparable to the 1/4 pounder. I think for bumper, bar, powder coating, and relocation bracket for the pump only ran me in the $600's

Panda

I decided to change to the 1/4 pounder after watching Cripplepety drive up dam dear vertical walls without scraping the bumper, that and I needed something to bump 2013rubirick back after he bumps my tire carrier :yup:

ITLL GO

I just installed the 1/4 pounder and have stock fenders and wheels with the Evo leveling kit and i think it makes the jeep look soooo much better. Of course it will look complete with a wench, cut fenders and tires. But hey! Also, my wife hated it when I installed it. Once i explained what it's for and how anyone can bump us while parking and their car will get destroyed! That made her smile. We live in seattle, so people daily bump cars while parking. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439048543.316621.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just installed the 1/4 pounder and have stock fenders and wheels with the Evo leveling kit and i think it makes the jeep look soooo much better. Of course it will look complete with a wench, cut fenders and tires. But hey! Also, my wife hated it when I installed it. Once i explained what it's for and how anyone can bump us while parking and their car will get distorted... That made her smile. We live in seattle, so people daily bump cars while parking. View attachment 158397

Nice looking Jeep you've got there! Was that sunny shot really taken in Seattle? :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha! Surprisingly we have had a crazy hot summer this year. I think your cali drought is sneaking it's way up north!

No kidding? Actually, I'm in Northern Nevada now and it's been very mild and very wet this year for us :crazyeyes:

Trail JK

All good bumpers mentioned. I've ran two Hansen bumpers in the past and recently changed to the EVO 1/4 pounder. The reason I switched it is that I up graded my winch to the Warn power plant and wanted to have it sit lower because I found that it covered a good portion of the grill. Before my winch was a lot smaller and I didn't mind.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439053806.552279.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439053827.810258.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439053844.360767.jpg .
And wouldn't you know it I don't have a good pic of the 1/4 pounder but you know what it looks like. You can see how the winch sits lower now.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439053938.880727.jpg .

Last edited:

Dean454

All good bumpers mentioned. I've ran two Hansen bumpers in the past and recently changed to the EVO 1/4 pounder. The reason I switched it is that I up graded my wench to the Warn power plant and wanted to have it sit lower because I found that it covered a good portion of the grill. Before my wench was a lot smaller and I didn't mind.

View attachment 158402 .
View attachment 158403 .
View attachment 158404 .
And wouldn't you know it I don't have a good pic of the 1/4 pounder but you know what it looks like. You can see how the wench sits lower now.
View attachment 158405 .

Hey I recognize that jeep. How have you been?

JAGS

Hooked
All good bumpers mentioned. I've ran two Hansen bumpers in the past and recently changed to the EVO 1/4 pounder. The reason I switched it is that I up graded my wench to the Warn power plant and wanted to have it sit lower because I found that it covered a good portion of the grill. Before my wench was a lot smaller and I didn't mind.

And wouldn't you know it I don't have a good pic of the 1/4 pounder but you know what it looks like. You can see how the wench sits lower now.

You have wench. Damn, sweet deal for ray. 👍😂😂

Dirt Foot

I have not heard anything about Genright. Or aluminum. I am still deciding like many others. What does everyone think about an aluminum front bumper. I like the weight savings but how easily with it dent? This is not my JK. Just a bumper pic I found. I do like how low the winch sits as well.

Attachments

• 1440501079784.jpg
    1440501079784.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 268

JohnnyD

I have not heard anything about Genright. Or aluminum. I am still deciding like many others. What does everyone think about an aluminum front bumper. I like the weight savings but how easily with it dent? This is not my JK. Just a bumper pic I found. I do like how low the winch sits as well.

Aluminum will save weight, just won't take a hit like steel. And not all mfg use same type aluminum so be careful.should be fine with Evo or genrigt...I have seen the genrigt in person, well made but damn it's bright.

I would say for a mostly street rig that aluminum would be fine , but if you play in the rocks a lot or where there are lots of close trees...go with steel.

Top Bottom