Which Front Bumper?

JR JKU

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392358041.129233.jpg

I haven't added a winch yet either and I have the Pure Jeep hoop on order. I have to admit I like the minimalist look of the quarter pounder with no stinger. I never liked the quarter pounder in pics without a winch and stinger but I love the look in person. It's a badass bumper with the Evo logos on the side and I am very glad I went all Evo. I will prob cancel the Pure Jeep light bar and just add the Powerplant winch this summer.

Good luck on your selection. Wheels, Tires, Suspension were all easy for me but I went back and forth 100's of times with bumper setups. In the end I went Evo everything since they have such a great reputation and badass look!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockyJk

View attachment 69087

I haven't added a winch yet either and I have the Pure Jeep hoop on order. I have to admit I like the minimalist look of the quarter pounder with no stinger. I never liked the quarter pounder in pics without a winch and stinger but I love the look in person. It's a badass bumper with the Evo logos on the side and I am very glad I went all Evo. I will prob cancel the Pure Jeep light bar and just add the Powerplant winch this summer.

Good luck on your selection. Wheels, Tires, Suspension were all easy for me but I went back and forth 100's of times with bumper setups. In the end I went Evo everything since they have such a great reputation and badass look!

Check out Proffessionaldriver's rig he has the quarter pounder with no stinger and a power plant looks friggin awesome! 👌

dahreno

Banned
I do like the VKS, it looks great. I do wonder why every bumper you have chosen has the winch sitting on top of it blocking air flow to radiator instead of a sunk winch mount ?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I hope your not serious on the VKS sliders. They are a direct copy of the EVO ones. Seems like a pretty shitty business if they have to copy a design and sell it as theirs.

Agreed...I wouldn't run a product from this company even it was free. I have zero respect for shops that ride the coat tails of others by copying products. VKS=donkey dick.

SaddleTramp

I did a little mixing, PSC front and rear bumpers and EVO skins and sliders. I was torn between going quarter pounder in the front and an alternate bumper or carrier/bumper less in the rear but decided to keep things some what consistent with the lines and look. Of course function and wanting to drop weight will probably take over and I'll be 1/4 pounder and EVO carrier in the rear sooner than later, ;-).

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392360031.524592.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
View attachment 69087

Also sweet looking! do you have a pic from a top angle? Thanks!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I do like the VKS, it looks great. I do wonder why every bumper you have chosen has the winch sitting on top of it blocking air flow to radiator instead of a sunk winch mount ?

Yeah, still going back and forth with what I'm going to do in the front. The reason most are top mount is that I will not be running a winch until I get back out west, a year to two from now. I want something with clean lines that I can throw a winch on later. As far as the blocking air flow, I haven't heard that this is an issue with a cooling system in good order. Is this an issue with JKs?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Agreed...I wouldn't run a product from this company even it was free. I have zero respect for shops that ride the coat tails of others by copying products. VKS=donkey dick.

:cheesy: This made me laugh. After going back and forth, I have decided on the EVO sliders and rear bumper fascia. I know they are proven. The VKS ones may look the same and be made of the same materials, but who knows how they are executed and hold up in the real world. I know EVO makes a tough product, and I want nothing but the best on Crystal (Thanks for the name CombatVet)!!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I did a little mixing, PSC front and rear bumpers and EVO skins and sliders. I was torn between going quarter pounder in the front and an alternate bumper or carrier/bumper less in the rear but decided to keep things some what consistent with the lines and look. Of course function and wanting to drop weight will probably take over and I'll be 1/4 pounder and EVO carrier in the rear sooner than later, ;-).

View attachment 69095

Your rig looks awesome. I'm really digging the clean lines. Your fender chop lines are sweet too, I may be copying those if you don't mind!:brows:

JR JKU

Here's more angles of the Evo with no stinger or winch:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392412725.066189.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392412741.317661.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392412756.251216.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392412772.620146.jpg

dahreno

Banned
Just for clarification, when I said I liked the VKS, I was talking about the front bumper, not the sliders.

Trembley

I have a VKS pre-runner front bumper on the way right now, they put light tabs on the bull bar for me in a custom configuration for a light bar I'll be running in the future. I'll post some pics to my build thread when I get it sorted...

Top Bottom