Which Front Bumper?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Just looking for opinions and experiences with the bumpers I have pictured here. Curious if anyone has used them, what their experiences are with them, thoughts and opinions. Just FYI, this is going on this
SAM_0497.jpg

Sliders for sure will be either EVO
Evo Sliders.jpg
EVO Sliders 2.jpg

Or VKS
VKS Sliders.jpg
VKS Sliders 2.jpg

On to the bumper in question; I am concidering the PSC Brawler Lite with brawler Bar and tube gussets, the Full Metal Fabworks Apex with prerunner hoop or the VKS Prerunner bumper. The VKS I would have to cut the bumper mounts off the frame, but I already checked with Insurance company, warranty services and dealership and all is good to do that, so not a huge concern.
PSC
Brawler Front.jpg
FMF
FMF Front.jpg
VKS
VKS Front.jpg

Have you looked into the LoD bumpers? I have the LoD Mid Width on Canvas and it was an easy install and not cutting or drilling that I can remember. Price is reasonable. I will get a couple of pics later today and post them up. You can see them at LoD Off Road. {Edit} I went with LoD because the winch sits down in the bumper and does not restrict air flow to the radiator.

Had I not gone with LoD Poison Spyder was my next choice. I wanted to keep the factory fog lights.

R/
Will

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I hope your not serious on the VKS sliders. They are a direct copy of the EVO ones. Seems like a pretty shitty business if they have to copy a design and sell it as theirs.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I hope your not serious on the VKS sliders. They are a direct copy of the EVO ones. Seems like a pretty shitty business if they have to copy a design and sell it as theirs.

Well, I like the design (obviously, they look the same and are made of the same materials), but they are not the only ones with the same design as EVO. I found a few bolt on ones as well, but I want weld on. So, if I like that design these are really my only 2 options.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Have you looked into the LoD bumpers? I have the LoD Mid Width on Canvas and it was an easy install and not cutting or drilling that I can remember. Price is reasonable. I will get a couple of pics later today and post them up. You can see them at LoD Off Road. {Edit} I went with LoD because the winch sits down in the bumper and does not restrict air flow to the radiator.

Had I not gone with LoD Poison Spyder was my next choice. I wanted to keep the factory fog lights.

R/
Will

Ill definitely give LoD a second look. I too would 'like' to keep the factory fog lights, but its not a complete deal breaker if I cannot. A lot of great bumpers out there, so I guess it comes down to the look that I am going for. I wont be adding a winch for another year or so, so I want it to look good without a winch and obviously be a good quality bumper as well. Also, I'm looking for more of a mid hoop/prerunner style rather than a full stinger.

Beyrgut

If you are going to get a winch at some point, decide that first. Ideally, you want to make sure your winch is compatible with the bumper with little to no modifications. I knew before I bought my ACE stubby I would be getting a WARN Zeon 10 but neglected to research fitment (noob mistake). It should work with my ACE stubby but I have to tweak it a bit with spacers. If I can't make it work for some reason, I'll be looking for a new bumper and smacking myself in the head.

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
If you are going to get a winch at some point, decide that first. Ideally, you want to make sure your winch is compatible with the bumper with little to no modifications. I knew before I bought my ACE stubby I would be getting a WARN Zeon 10 but neglected to research fitment (noob mistake). It should work with my ACE stubby but I have to tweak it a bit with spacers. If I can't make it work for some reason, I'll be looking for a new bumper and smacking myself in the head.

Thanks for the advice. I will most certainly be running a winch in the future, maybe a year from now. Not sure what kind yet, but definitely want synthetic line. All of the bumpers listed above are winch bumpers, Ill have to do some research and see what they are capable of running.

I had to drill the holes for my Zeon. If you need to template shoot me a pm and I will send it. Just be sure to pass it along.

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

matt1171

Looks great! I really like that bumper! Do you know how much it weighs by chance? Also, how far from the bottom of the crash bar does it stick down?

It weighs about 75lbs I think. I didn't experience any sagging over the factory bumper and I measured before and after to be sure.

It doesn't drop down much from the crash bar.

JR JKU

I have always thought that JK's with one company from front to back looks best IMO. It gives the Jeep a more uniform customized look.

I run the Evo Quarter Pounder with Evo D Ring frame mounts in the rear and will be putting on Evo sliders soon like you are leaning towards.

My second choice after Evo front would be Poison Spyder Brawler Lite. I prefer the plate Gusset over the tube though.

Overall you have chosen some killer bumpers so I think you will have a badass Jeep no matter what!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ldogg

The brawler lite weighs about 70 pounds without the front skid. A Zeon will need spacers but you can either make them or poison spyder sells them. Easy install and love the look. I added a piece of styrene plastic to the inside and painted it white to make the logo pop. I have seen it done in other colors as well.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392184146.017901.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392184161.463340.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392184363.701090.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392184371.202929.jpg

eddy

Evo and PSC are way cool but after looking at almost all, I went with Smittybilt stubby MOD and it really looks good. Happy hunting.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
out of your choices i would say EVO or PSC. both are great looking bumpers. LOD is another good looking one.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have always thought that JK's with one company from front to back looks best IMO. It gives the Jeep a more uniform customized look.

I run the Evo Quarter Pounder with Evo D Ring frame mounts in the rear and will be putting on Evo sliders soon like you are leaning towards.

My second choice after Evo front would be Poison Spyder Brawler Lite. I prefer the plate Gusset over the tube though.

Overall you have chosen some killer bumpers so I think you will have a badass Jeep no matter what!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have to agree with you about one manufacturer. Plus, my OCD acts up when I see different logos everywhere. While I love the EVO sliders and Rear D Ring mounts, I'm not sure the Quarter pounder would work for me. I am not going to be running a winch for a while, and don't think it would look very good with a big hole on the top. Also, I do not want to run a full stinger and there are really no other options I have seen other than the full stinger or the PureJeep winch hoop, unless I have something custom made and burned onto it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom