What was done to your rig this week?

epetry

Got a package from trail jeeps, nothing huge but some cool little things. This water bottle is awesome! Smooth drinking, keeps water cool, even has storage in there for a key and money or credit card. Great bottle to have on and off the trails. Also got there radio antenna. (Well see how it works tomorrow).

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456789611.548795.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456789623.866429.jpg

Guascone

How'd you end up attaching them?

I decide to try the bolt-on way...I welded the flange directly to the frame and then I threaded it. The sliders are bolted to the flange.
Up to now, this type of fixing, seems enough strong for the my type of wheeling…in case of failure I have the possibility to come back and weld it directly to the frame.
To be honest and for the people that are reading, EVO Crew discouraged me to perform this type of fixing.
In case of any future failure, I can’t blame the EVO quality.
But as Overlander told me in another post “You can’t change my mind…” :)

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I decide to try the bolt-on way...I welded the flange directly to the frame and then I threaded it. The sliders are bolted to the flange.
Up to now, this type of fixing, seems enough strong for the my type of wheeling…in case of failure I have the possibility to come back and weld it directly to the frame.
To be honest and for the people that are reading, EVO Crew discouraged me to perform this type of fixing.
In case of any future failure, I can’t blame the EVO quality.
But as Overlander told me in another post “You can’t change my mind…” :)

Don't worry I remember that thread which is why I asked. 😁 I'll be building some bolt on sliders later this year because I don't want weld on either

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Did this and this! Passenger D-Ring was a pain but the driver side was smooth as silk. It was fun using the Sawzall and Dremel on the rig. I tried to get some shots with the sparks flying but had no luck.

Attachments

• Vedder Decal 2-19-16 --3.jpg
    Vedder Decal 2-19-16 --3.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 320
  • Vedder D-Rings 2-27-16 --1.jpg
    Vedder D-Rings 2-27-16 --1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 314

Ryldup

No pictures, but Jolene got new brake pads in the rear. Then I effed up the front. Decided to take it in to a local shop today, so she's getting new rotors, calipers, and pads up front. Thanks for the advice Overlander JK and Jeeep for the advice, but don't have time to extract the bolt myself. It's gonna cost me, but it'll be done and over with and able to drive. I'll tackle the rear rotors next week.

Lone Ranger

How did you wire those to come on with the doors?

I had to use two relays one that took the power from the dome lights and one that was wired to the switch and then both the relays were wired together to keep from back flowing. I'll try to draw it out in a little while when I get home. Much easier to draw out then explain it

Top Bottom