What was done to your rig this week?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Got some 5.13 gears installed today thanks to Drew and the team at OffRoad Evolution. What a difference it makes.....

Two words:

Gear

Special

dellrl

New Bilsteins replacing the Skyjackers. Finished installing them late tonight. Can't wait to try them out tomorrow!

Attachments

• 1456394158768.jpg
    1456394158768.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Back!!! FINALLY!

Finally got the JK back from the dealer after 5 1/2 months waiting for their insurance etc + new engine + other stuff.......drove it out with a handshake and a bye, see you soon after the break in period. Not one $ spent and all with a smile and compliments...VERY rare service in a dealership, way to go!:thumb:

IMG_2474.jpg
old pic but so happy had to share!

kbp810

Caught the Bug
Got my trail gear creeper lock wheels and KO2's mounted up - and what a fun time I had!

Tuesday morning - took my sweet time getting them mounted, then when finally finished and putting them on the jeep, found an issue with my carrier. The bracket for the spare did not adjust in enough to account for the 3.75" backspace. The carrier came from a company homed practically right down the road from me, so I called them up and they told me to come on over and they'd swap the bracket out for one that would work. On the way there, I noticed a shake over 40mph, kind of expected, have not been balanced yet... After hanging out there for a bit switching out the bracket, shooting the breeze, talking jeeps, I called up my closest discount tire to see if I could come in for a spin... problem was, it was 5:59 and they closed at 6. In fact, all tire shops around me closed at 6. I had no idea tire shops closed early like that! Oops!

This wouldn't have been that big of a deal, except that at that moment I was also reminded that I was supposed to meet up with the person buying my existing tires early next morning, and it was the only foreseeable convenient day/time in which we could meet up part way - which was about an 1 1/2 hour drive one way for me (longer for them).

So, while not looking forward to the tedious task, I opted to unmount, pull the rings, and try the airsoft BB route. Opted for 9oz worth in each wheel, based on some interweb searching. Finally got that wrapped up, took it for a test drive, and I could now get up to 68'ish. Good enough to complete the journey next day. Except, it didn't seem to fair as well the next morning, it was really more like 60'ish before it wanted to shake; but trip was still completed, slowly, but successfully.

Got back home, and knew what had to be done... unmount once again, pull rings off, shop vac out all the bb's, all back together, and then off to discount tire.

Anyways, that's enough rambling on -

kbp810

Caught the Bug
And as FYI - snow hit when nearly back home from the roadtrip. Just to clarify that snow/ice in the wheel was not part of my balancing follies.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
And as FYI - snow hit when nearly back home from the roadtrip. Just to clarify that snow/ice in the wheel was not part of my balancing follies.

Are those the ones with the segmented rings? They look great. I had a balance issue before with my walker evans around 40-50 but wasnt bad below or above that. Slabs around 40ish I get a slight wobble but dont have anywhere local to have them balanced so I just live with it lol.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Got my trail gear creeper lock wheels and KO2's mounted up - and what a fun time I had!

Tuesday morning - took my sweet time getting them mounted, then when finally finished and putting them on the jeep, found an issue with my carrier. The bracket for the spare did not adjust in enough to account for the 3.75" backspace. The carrier came from a company homed practically right down the road from me, so I called them up and they told me to come on over and they'd swap the bracket out for one that would work. On the way there, I noticed a shake over 40mph, kind of expected, have not been balanced yet... After hanging out there for a bit switching out the bracket, shooting the breeze, talking jeeps, I called up my closest discount tire to see if I could come in for a spin... problem was, it was 5:59 and they closed at 6. In fact, all tire shops around me closed at 6. I had no idea tire shops closed early like that! Oops!

This wouldn't have been that big of a deal, except that at that moment I was also reminded that I was supposed to meet up with the person buying my existing tires early next morning, and it was the only foreseeable convenient day/time in which we could meet up part way - which was about an 1 1/2 hour drive one way for me (longer for them).

So, while not looking forward to the tedious task, I opted to unmount, pull the rings, and try the airsoft BB route. Opted for 9oz worth in each wheel, based on some interweb searching. Finally got that wrapped up, took it for a test drive, and I could now get up to 68'ish. Good enough to complete the journey next day. Except, it didn't seem to fair as well the next morning, it was really more like 60'ish before it wanted to shake; but trip was still completed, slowly, but successfully.

Got back home, and knew what had to be done... unmount once again, pull rings off, shop vac out all the bb's, all back together, and then off to discount tire.

Anyways, that's enough rambling on -

Sucks about your troubles but that's a great looking rig! I love the Hydro blue with the machined wheels.

kbp810

Caught the Bug
Are those the ones with the segmented rings? They look great. I had a balance issue before with my walker evans around 40-50 but wasnt bad below or above that. Slabs around 40ish I get a slight wobble but dont have anywhere local to have them balanced so I just live with it lol.

Yep, those are the ones. Interesting about the shake only being in that range, makes me mildly curious about how these would have reacted? Certainly not going to bother finding out now, lol. I have a ton of tire shops around me, just never thought that every single one of them were on bankers hours, lol.

Sucks about your troubles but that's a great looking rig! I love the Hydro blue with the machined wheels.

Thanks!

Top Bottom