What was done to your rig this week?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Spent 3 hours installing a couple of zip ties and trimming the fender liners away from the sway bar links... :poop:

Well, that's what I ended up doing after spending all that time trying to get a dual ARB underhood mounted only to give up because there is no way it will fit with the coil over mounts.

My confidence level must have been high, I looked before removing the fender, took some measurements and my smart brain concluded right away it will not fit. However... where's the fun in that! follow the slightly retarded side of the brain, go forward and conquer!

100% clip breakage, they are very brittle and glad I ordered extra. The required amount online indicated 10, there are 11.

I even considered removing CO and bracket but thank god the smart side kicked me in the nuts and stopped me from listening to the overconfident retarded side.

Now to consider another plan that does not involve mounting it inside the Jeep.

My zip tie work, that's some fine work there 😂

View attachment 385202
I don't know what it is about the new clips on the JL but they really are super brittle!

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Today I completed the following tasks:

Moved the ARB Fridge from the rear passenger side to the rear driver side. Also instead of it sliding forward to be accessible from the passenger rear door it slides back and can be accessed from the tailgate.

Added a little more Caster to improve tracking.

Reinstalled the rear seat.
1678073197023.jpeg

Repainted my tire carrier.
1678073121958.jpeg

Next on the list is to install my new GRMS radio and antenna. In addition I need to sort my tools, make sure I have all the essential fluids, and check torque on suspension and steering components.

GP NOIR

Hooked
Installed a PSC XD Kit

B63CD36E-5D42-4480-A01A-D20E96689E87.jpeg

Since installing 35 inch tires, the factory pump has been alive and dying and more and more effort is needed to steer the Jeep. It’s just a matter of time before the overworked factory power steering pump gives up the ghost.

Time to install the PSC XD kit. It comes with a new, upgraded pump, larger capacity reservoir, cooler and all the hoses and hardware for a complete installation.

Pro Tip- You cannot just install a PSC power steering pump in a JK. The pump uses a proprietary bracket and different hose fittings. If you could get the just the pump and bracket, you’d still have to get custom hoses made. Much easier to get the whole kit.

Not only does the PSC XD Kit greatly reduce steering effort, the steering is much more precise. You get one finger steering and the Jeep tracks straight down the road with my hands off the steering wheel. I wish I’d installed this kit the day I bought my Wrangler.

7E91F490-CD0C-4E78-95CA-E28B8D4270DF.jpeg

A5B921BA-C028-4D10-BFD7-E20B057F864A.jpeg

2880F785-8D09-4614-B8D2-3D71D1CA3AC8.jpeg

BBDEA421-87D4-424F-87C0-1CC41D5942FA.jpeg

I can only imagine how much better it would be with the hydraulic assist and the Big Bore steering box. Those upgrades will have to wait until I get this kit and other recently needed maintenance paid off.

The kit was a bit of work to install, but straight forward. The biggest problem is the installation of the reservoir interferes with the Volant “cold air intake” air box. For now, I’m running the intake without the box.

Pro Tip- “Cold Air Intakes” aren’t worth the money. When I bought Gypsy, it had a cheesy CAI. I bought the Volant to replace it. The quality of the Volant is top notch, but it is pricey and does nothing an OEM intake doesn’t- except look cool. I should have just bought an OEM air intake.

Next week we’re heading down to Sand Hollow for the Off-road Wrecker Games. I’m excited to see how the PSC XD Kit performs on the rocks and of course, the sand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom