Time for my Gladiator to Evolve: My '20 Billet Silver JT Rubicon Build

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Installed my Cobra 75 cb, Wilson 18’ shielded coax, antenna bracket, and my tried and true 10 year old Radio Shack 102” steel whip antenna. I mounted the antenna bracket in the Trail Rail cargo rail, and grounded the bracket to the bed. SWR is nearly perfect. If I’d add a spring I think it’s be 100% even on channels 1 and 40. The only downside is I have to flip open the tonneau cover to install the antenna when I’m in the trails, which doesn’t bother me. I’m still debating on getting the decked system anyway. I’d still be able to haul stuff on top of the deck and strap it down. I rarely haul stuff other than the kids’ bikes and power wheels.

IMG_4358.jpg

IMG_4359.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Very nice! Synergy must be slammed with orders. Everything is back ordered. Good for them to be that busy!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Very nice! Synergy must be slammed with orders. Everything is back ordered. Good for them to be that busy!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yeah they’ve been out of stock everywhere. Many places have them again so I think Synergy is getting caught up on production.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Andy5160

Hooked
At current amazon prices that’s a fair trade for a set of UD 60s

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Could be sold by the drop

A hoarder, I see...
Wife got all paranoid with this Corona hype. What a way to boost sales.

I would imagine you could drink it too if you run out of other alcohol.

Probably but since all the stores ran out of this shit I went to my local liquor store and got 1L 96 proof Polish alcohol for $17 way better then chasing hand sanitizer

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
The power of the media and mass panic is unbelievable

So true. I was getting groceries with my son and they were out of tons of stuff like basic household items. I mumbled something like 'probably because of the coronavirus.' He said 'What's coronavirus?' I said 'I have no idea.' which is true because I haven't read a single article, but I've seen the headlines EVERYWHERE.

Poor highoctane is going to come back like 'WTF happened to my build thread?'

desertrunner

So true. I was getting groceries with my son and they were out of tons of stuff like basic household items. I mumbled something like 'probably because of the coronavirus.' He said 'What's coronavirus?' I said 'I have no idea.' which is true because I haven't read a single article, but I've seen the headlines EVERYWHERE.

Poor highoctane is going to come back like 'WTF happened to my build thread?'
My wife is a heath care worker so I get the real scoop on what's going on and it's crazy how people are blowing it so out of proportion. The Corona virus is not new by a long shot. This is just a new strain of it just a new flu strain. It's no more dangerous than the flu and the 14 deaths have been babies or elderly. What the media is blowing up is a % of people who die from it. Which right now is triple that of the flu BUT flu tests are so cheap now of days they test anyone with the slightest sniffle. The Corona test is very expensive so they only test the really sick to confirm cases of it. If they tested everyone like they do for the flu the percentage of deaths would be on par if not lower than the flu.....

Yeah sorry to de rail the build thread but spreading awareness is just as important as a bad ass build ;)

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry highoctane, but one more hijack to your build thread from our local sheriff's office:

EL PASO COUNTY — Officials in El Paso County are urging calm after a presumptive positive test for COVID-19.

County Commissioner Mark Waller said at a press conference Friday that everyone should "go about their daily lives, while continuing to take simple steps to prevent this and other diseases."

Lol.

Carry on.

jdofmemi

Probably but since all the stores ran out of this shit I went to my local liquor store and got 1L 96 proof Polish alcohol for $17 way better then chasing hand sanitizer

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Well, now you can be disinfected inside and out.

My apologies to your build thread high-octane

Top Bottom