Time for my Gladiator to Evolve: My '20 Billet Silver JT Rubicon Build

Thanks! Loving the floor tiles. The only negative is with these floor tiles you have to use a piece of plywood under your jack and jack stands. Not really that big of a deal though. I cut some 3/4" square plywood panels and zip tied them to the bottom of my jack stands, so all I have to do is grab them and throw them under the Jeep. They have stayed clean through multiple snow storms, and parking in the garage with snow/ slush, and road debris all over the vehicle. It melts and falls through the tiles just as I hoped it would. I think I'll be fine with a once per year spring cleaning under the tiles.

This is a great idea! I laid floor tiles in my garage and luckily haven’t used a jack on them yet. I wouldn’t have thought about this and would have ended up pissed. Floor looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is a great idea! I laid floor tiles in my garage and luckily haven’t used a jack on them yet. I wouldn’t have thought about this and would have ended up pissed. Floor looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I can’t wait for some warmer weather. Once it warms up a bit I’ll paint the garage and install the window trim. Should look great once it’s finished.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Made some progress today on installing the Rock Slide Engineering power step sliders. The sliders are both installed. Just need to install the wiring harness and brain box.

Only thing I have to say now that they are installed is FUCK JL/JT forward body mount bolts!!

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4306.jpg

Made some progress today on installing the Rock Slide Engineering power step sliders. The sliders are both installed. Just need to install the wiring harness and brain box.

Only thing I have to say now that they are installed is FUCK JL/JT forward body mount bolts!!

View attachment 342039

View attachment 342040

View attachment 342041

Those are super nice. Glad to hear you got a good deal on them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

View attachment 342039

View attachment 342040

View attachment 342041

Looks good!

Are the body mount bolts difficult to get off? I’ve got to pull mine this weekend for my sliders. [emoji51]

If you’ve got any tips on how to get them off, I’d greatly appreciate the help!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bumper and sliders look really nice! I’m digging your garage floor.

The sliders look great. What is story with the body mount bolts.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Looks good!

Are the body mount bolts difficult to get off? I’ve got to pull mine this weekend for my sliders. [emoji51]

If you’ve got any tips on how to get them off, I’d greatly appreciate the help!

Jeep used body mount bolts that have locktight on them. They also use some sort of shitty encapsulated nut as well. If you are not careful, you will snap the bolt off. Somehow the bolts have a tendency to bind up during loosening AND tightening. I’m not sure if it’s due to debris from the locktight, or because of the shitty but on top that slips as you try to loosen it or torque it. The torque is 80ft/lbs. I had the driver side fwd bolt require nearly 130ft/lbs to even seat the bolt. Run on torque was over 80ft/lbs. this is on a bolt that loosened up just fine.

If you google search JL broken body mount bolt you see quite a few hits.

Last edited:
Finished up the wiring install and am 100% done. So far these things are a awesome! My kids can climb into my Jeep that’s lifted 2.5” and sits on 37” tires. They are very heavy duty. 240lbs for the set, and 3/16” - 1/4” steel construction.

IMG_4317.jpg

IMG_4322.jpg

IMG_4320.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

Had some time to wrench on the JT some more today. I got the ARB air compressor and Wayalife ACM bracket installed. I remote mounted the air line QD the same place Eddie did in the write-up under the JT section. Install was a breeze, especially with the oem aux switch wiring beer the hood. No real pics. Everything is hidden and I didn’t take pics as I was working.

Also started installing the longer brake lines that came with the Evo Mfg 2.5” Enforcer Stage 4 Plus suspension kit. I installed the suspension months ago, but just now had time to get to the brake lines.

Was able to get out on the trails today to test out the Evo suspension and Nitto tires. It worked great! I wish I was still in AZ to really wheel it. PA trails don’t compare to AZ wheeling.

IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

I also love the technology in this thing. The offroad pages on both the 8.4” screen and instrument screen are great to have. The front facing trail cam sure is handy too.

IMG_4341.jpg

Was able to get out on the trails today to test out the Evo suspension and Nitto tires. It worked great! I wish I was still in AZ to really wheel it. PA trails don’t compare to AZ wheeling.

View attachment 342320

View attachment 342321

I also love the technology in this thing. The offroad pages on both the 8.4” screen and instrument screen are great to have. The front facing trail cam sure is handy too.

View attachment 342322

Nice!! Love to see a Gladiator out on the trail!

View attachment 342320

View attachment 342321

View attachment 342322

How did the gladiator do on the tight narrow trails at AOAA?

It was some pretty tight trails but I never hit anything. Had a few 3 and 4 point turns throughout the day.

I remember going there back when it first opened to 4wd vehicles and I had to do some 3 point turns in my 2 door. Seems like they opened the trails up a little since then

I remember going there back when it first opened to 4wd vehicles and I had to do some 3 point turns in my 2 door. Seems like they opened the trails up a little since then

The two door JK in front of me had to do a few three pint turns to exit two of the trails. It was a challenge following him. It was my first time there. After going I prefer Rausch Creek.

Top Bottom