The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Ever since last years East meets West trip where I saw West Coast Jerry's Excessive Industries carrier I've been toying with installing one. Weebz just got one as well. I haven't really hit my EVO carrier too badly but I have come close a few times to really whacking it good on a couple of ledges. With that in mind I decided to give it a try. While I was doing that I also ordered the C-Pillar support from Rock Hard while I was at it.
And since Jeeps too damn cheap to paint the whole goddam roll bar I had to blend in that too

ex2.jpg

Attachments

• ex1.jpg
    ex1.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 24
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 25
  • ex4.jpg
    ex4.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 26
  • ex3.jpg
    ex3.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 26

Ddays

Hooked
All that stuff looks great. Are you going to reinstall the roll bar padding?

Thanks all!

Yeah, I'm leaving the padding off in the rear because I removed the rear seats & have a platform in place. No noggins to worry about back there.

jeeeep

Hooked
looking good! the shitty paint job on the roll bars also pisses me off lol
did you use mopar paint? I bought a couple of cans from mopar that sprayed everywhere but where i needed them to, total waste of money.
like those seat covers!

Ddays

Hooked
did you use mopar paint? I bought a couple of cans from mopar that sprayed everywhere but where i needed them to, total waste of money.
like those seat covers!
Thanks!

No, I got cans made at my local auto body shop. Little spendy but it matches great and the cans spray really well. Just give them your paint code and they make them up in their shop.

JKbrick

like those seat covers!
I tried the Mopar paint once too, it was a bad experience

Ddays

Hooked
Finished it up yesterday. Pretty happy with it. Mount seems really strong and well made. No rattles either. I like that I have the option of carriers now. on a road trip the EVO is handy for the extra interior space. ex fin 2.jpg ex fin 3.jpg

Attachments

• ex fin 1.jpg
    ex fin 1.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom