The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Boring stuff. Replaced a caliper with a leak that only had 5000 miles on it :mad:

Will have some cool stuff happening in a couple weeks though.

brake new.jpg

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Lol, I hedged my bets - I ordered two from different sources just in case. Now I have a spare 🤷‍♂️
I know we have talked about this but we really should get together on what spare parts we are carrying so we aren’t duplicating all the time on our rides.

Ddays

Hooked
Finally got around to rebuilding my cracked t-case with a new front cover I picked up online. Nothing too earthshaking but figured I'd post up the pics in case anyone wanted to see what the inside of one looks like. This was a really easy process. The hardest two things were splitting the case halves apart (I used a bolt cut to length and then loosened the nut to push them apart - see first pic), and lining all of the shafts and shifter fork rods into the holes in the other half of the tcase putting it all back together.

tc1.jpg tc2.jpg tc3.jpg tc4.jpg tc4b.jpg tc4c.jpg tc5.jpg tc6.jpg

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Finally got around to rebuilding my cracked t-case with a new front cover I picked up online. Nothing too earthshaking but figured I'd post up the pics in case anyone wanted to see what the inside of one looks like. This was a really easy process. The hardest two things were splitting the case halves apart (I used a bolt cut to length and then loosened the nut to push them apart - see first pic), and lining all of the shafts and shifter fork rods into the holes in the other half of the tcase putting it all back together.

View attachment 361527 View attachment 361528 View attachment 361529 View attachment 361530 View attachment 361531 View attachment 361532 View attachment 361533 View attachment 361534
Great job.. The gasket maker looks similar to my last trans fluid change. :LOL:

WJCO

Meme King
You have more tcase posts than anyone else on the forum.

Top Bottom