The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
What was the cause? I don’t remember what you had said if you even did.

Somewhere along the line either the shop I use or I installed the wrong yoke nut on the rear of the tcase. It sat on the oring and didn't fully seat on the shoulder of the yoke

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
How did you manage to crack the case?

That's actually the second one I cracked. The first one was a catastrophic event in Nebraska on I-80.

So it was either myself, or a shop that did some work for me, installed the wrong tcase yoke nut on the rear output. Somehow it had a smaller flange that allowed it to sit down inside the yoke instead of up on the shoulder. So the nut was compressing down on the oring but not on the shoulder of the yoke and it must have allowed just enough wobble or a harmonic that caused the cracks.

Ddays

Hooked
A few spring mods going on. Rear driver side shock res keeps smacking on the track bar bracket so time to fix that. Old one is now scrap.

res.jpg rear tb.jpg

Also decided to ditch the mounts for the shocks/coilovers that came on the front axle from Dynatrac and install the Synergy mounts that go with the rest of the kit already on it. I know it's really not a lot but I'm thinking this will lower my COG an inch or so. So, off with those brackets too

f dr.jpg

f pass.jpg

Top Bottom