The Animal-JK build

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Wow, I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted in my own thread. :crazyeyes: Were does the time go?

The newest editions since the last post are as follows:

ARB Twin Compressor mounted under the passenger seat. The switch is on the A pillar.
Carolina Metal Master's under seat bracket
Dynatrac Pro-Steer ball joints, Link to install thread ----->http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?10709-Dynatrac-Prosteer-Ball-Joint-Interference/page4&highlight=dynatrac+ball+joint
Welcome Distributing Grab Handles

I'll post up some pics.

This year I really put my Enforcer to the test in CO we stayed in Area 1 from the Charles Wells books and knocked a few of those trails off the bucket list. Even though flash floods were expected in the area we had very little rain on the trails and it was a great camping trip. I'll post a pic thread and link back.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Wow, I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted in my own thread. :crazyeyes: Were does the time go?

The newest editions since the last post are as follows:

ARB Twin Compressor mounted under the passenger seat. The switch is on the A pillar.
Carolina Metal Master's under seat bracket
Dynatrac Pro-Steer ball joints, Link to install thread ----->http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?10709-Dynatrac-Prosteer-Ball-Joint-Interference/page4&highlight=dynatrac+ball+joint
Welcome Distributing Grab Handles

I'll post up some pics.

This year I really put my Enforcer to the test in CO we stayed in Area 1 from the Charles Wells books and knocked a few of those trails off the bucket list. Even though flash floods were expected in the area we had very little rain on the trails and it was a great camping trip. I'll post a pic thread and link back.

How are you liking your twin under the seat? I have mine under the hood and it is loud so I can't imagine it under the seat.

Sent from my iPhone

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
How are you liking your twin under the seat? I have mine under the hood and it is loud so I can't imagine it under the seat.

Sent from my iPhone

Honestly I really like it. Its a little noisy but it's not bad. I actually really like the harmonics of both compressors running at the same time. It also adds a little extra heat to the inside when it's cold. :)

I definitely would say it's not painfully loud. Usually everyone is out of the Jeep socializing when airing up anyway so it hasn't been an issue.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Brankz

well yes we have all seen those sir. the question is more, "is KING now putting them on?" or "is ORE installing them?" the owner of said shocks, Punisher, said he didnt buy them or ask for them, they just showed up that way... Just wondering if they were special KING clamps valved/tuned for my Plush Ride Coils :D

Thank you though sir!!!

andrew -

What happened to paychex?
He's still here in wal ?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Honestly I really like it. Its a little noisy but it's not bad. I actually really like the harmonics of both compressors running at the same time. It also adds a little extra heat to the inside when it's cold. :)

I definitely would say it's not painfully loud. Usually everyone is out of the Jeep socializing when airing up anyway so it hasn't been an issue.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Lol I like the sound of the twins running as well. It just sounds strong!

I didn't think of everyone being out of the jeep when airing up so good point. I'm running an air locker off of it so I guess it could be loud (if it was in the cab) when I turn it on to run the locker other than that it wouldn't matter:

Sent from my iPhone

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Here are a few pics from my CO trip this year:

IMG_0363.jpg

This is the first and worst switchback at the top of Black Bear
IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Telluride from Black Bear
IMG_0401.jpg

Looking at Black Bear from Tomboy Rd.
IMG_0437.jpg

Immogene Pass
IMG_0456.jpg

Old Cannery. I believe this is off of Engineer Pass.
IMG_9472.jpg

IMG_9671.jpg

Stocker coming up Poughkeepsie Gulch. It was tricky getting this Jeep up the primary obstacle but we did it.
IMG_0012.jpg

Lake Como just before Hurricane Pass
IMG_0067.jpg

rubicrawl

Wow love Colorado I would love to take a Colorado trip this year for first time I was thinking of going for my bday in June we will see great pics by the way

Pushrod

Alpine Loop

I love the Alpine Loop, we spent 14 days camping at the Amphitheater Campground in Ouray and drove all over the area, some trails more than once. Some of the high passes had just been plowed a couple of weeks when we were there in last of July first of August so those planning to go keep that in mind. I'm sure Poughkeepsie was nothing for the Animal! We came across a guy pulling his Z71 out of Mineral Springs with a Yukon, he had trashed his transmission and spent the night on the mountain waiting for his uncle to bring his Yukon to pull it out. Your rig looks great.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I love the Alpine Loop, we spent 14 days camping at the Amphitheater Campground in Ouray and drove all over the area, some trails more than once. Some of the high passes had just been plowed a couple of weeks when we were there in last of July first of August so those planning to go keep that in mind. I'm sure Poughkeepsie was nothing for the Animal! We came across a guy pulling his Z71 out of Mineral Springs with a Yukon, he had trashed his transmission and spent the night on the mountain waiting for his uncle to bring his Yukon to pull it out. Your rig looks great.

That sounds like fun! We camped for 7 days near Ouray. If you head south out of Ouray there is the Mineral Creek trail head. We found a nice camp spot maybe 1/4 mile or less from the Poughkeepsie Gulch split. It was a great time!

iRonin

Subbed - this past weekend was the first time I've gotten to wheel with Dok/ANIMAL, and got to see first hand just how much of a difference 37s make in practice on a JKU. Great break-over and drop angles; I was so jealous watching this rig crawl over ledges while my belly tapped on the same lines running 35s. Definitely inspired to move onto phase two and maybe even crank up a build thread for Thanos to keep me motivated!! :)

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Subbed - this past weekend was the first time I've gotten to wheel with Dok/ANIMAL, and got to see first hand just how much of a difference 37s make in practice on a JKU. Great break-over and drop angles; I was so jealous watching this rig crawl over ledges while my belly tapped on the same lines running 35s. Definitely inspired to move onto phase two and maybe even crank up a build thread for Thanos to keep me motivated!! :)

Thanks!

Well for me it was really the first time seeing a rig with EVO sliders and the QP and I was a little jealous how sweet they look! Definitely in my future!

Aside from a few minor clearance issues we both rolled through almost the same lines! Your Jeep is set up very nicely! And is very capable with the 35s!

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Last edited:

CCTX50

Just read the entire thread. Great build! I have a 13 JKUR and am looking at different builds in an attempt to build mine up.

Living down in Corpus Christi there is not much at all to crawl. Hopefully will make it out to HFs soon. If you ever get down this way look me up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom