The Animal-JK build

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Thanks guys! I really can't believe the difference.

It was really fun and I feel like I really know my Jeep much better.

I packed the old front brake lines as spares and I'll keep the front drive shaft as a spare.

Cheers! 

WAYALIFE APP 

Last edited:
the Nittos really were the finishing touch! That is a great looking rig you have there my friend! as MTG stated, the ride is far better than anyone thinks! Congrats!

andrew -

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Got the steering straightened up and been driving around all day. I really like the ride! I haven't had a chance to test out 4wd yet. I am going to have to pull my sliders and trim more pinch seam in the rear. There is only about 2" of clearance before it hits.

I have a friend that will probably buy the smitty sliders and I will upgrade to EVO step style sliders. I hear they take a while to get built and delivered so I'll order very soon.

Otherwise the gearing and stuff seems fine. Brakes are a little slower to stop and steering seems good.

Has anyone upgraded their steering suppressor for the larger tires? It feels a little squishy.

Didn't get a chance to do the alignment over the weekend but I'm scheduled for tomorrow at my tire dealer. :brows:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
So it's gears time! I've read through many of the threads discussing gears and I am in the debate between 5.13 or 4.88. I hopefully will be pulling our little camper to the OHV parks and then setting up camp there for the weekend to wheel. I'd like to have plenty of power for pulling the trailer through the hills and mountains.

I know 5.13 are the normal recommended gear for 37s but from a power standpoint what does that mean. I have stared and stared at the RPM chart for doing 70 with different tire sizes and gears and I am still not sure if I know how it relates to the power side of things. I need to hurry up and decide so I can get rolling.

Please give me your opinions! Thanks,

John

TheDuff

I've ridden in a '12 jku on 37's with 4.88's. Seemed great to me on the highway. Pm ttfhell and ask him what he thinks about his 4.88s

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I am gonna guess that the tow weight is gonna hold you back more than the power.

The trailer/camper isn't very heavy. Unfortunately all my pics are too large to post up. Let me modify a few an show the camper.

Man I felt like I had a HUGE trailer behind me this weekend. It was windy and I could barely hit 70. 4.10s and 37s is a bitch if your traveling in hilly areas! :icon_crazy:

Top Bottom