Random Internet Shit you've come across

WJCO

Meme King

Too funny. Even though the CDC finally came clean admitted masks didn't do shit. Wonder how many people will just go along and comply.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Take the Ukraine money out of it even though that has the same question but, where is that money coming from? Tax dollars. Why I am paying for someone elses loss? Lets be real, they have or should have insurance. Yeah the fire sucks and I wouldn't wish it on them but its not everyone elses problems. Who pays the bill when your kid breaks their leg? Not tax dollars.
Actually, they kind of do but it’s a slightly different form. Your health insurance premiums for a year, plus your out of pocket max, won’t even come close to covering the cost of even simple surgery to set a bone. My premiums (and everyone else’s) help cover the cost of your kid’s broken bone…and the same is true in reverse. It’s a form of an insurance tax. If people paid insurance solely based on their own behavior and risks, 90% of America would be uninsurable.

I get your underlying point though and don’t disagree with it. If you want to ride a motorcycle without a helmet, good for you. Just don’t ask me to help pay for the results when you dump it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Actually, they kind of do but it’s a slightly different form. Your health insurance premiums for a year, plus your out of pocket max, won’t even come close to covering the cost of even simple surgery to set a bone. My premiums (and everyone else’s) help cover the cost of your kid’s broken bone…and the same is true in reverse. It’s a form of an insurance tax. If people paid insurance solely based on their own behavior and risks, 90% of America would be uninsurable.

I get your underlying point though and don’t disagree with it. If you want to ride a motorcycle without a helmet, good for you. Just don’t ask me to help pay for the results when you dump it.
Well insurance is another broken system of greed and backdoor bullshit. We brought the baby to the doctor and they cut 80% off the bill for cash paying. 80%!! If the normal costs were that everyone would need the crap insurance they get and the costs would be a lot lower.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Well insurance is another broken system of greed and backdoor bullshit. We brought the baby to the doctor and they cut 80% off the bill for cash paying. 80%!! If the normal costs were that everyone would need the crap insurance they get and the costs would be a lot lower.
Gov fuckery is a big reason why medical care is so expensive. And lawsuits, and illegal immigrants walking into hospitals and not paying.

To your point I know several people who only pay cash as they go and do not use insurance. They use medical facilities that do not except insurance. The amount the medical facilities save by not excepting insurance is amazing and that gets passed on.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Gov fuckery is a big reason why medical care is so expensive. And lawsuits, and illegal immigrants walking into hospitals and not paying.

To your point I know several people who only pay cash as they go and do not use insurance. They use medical facilities that do not except insurance. The amount the medical facilities save by not excepting insurance is amazing and that gets passed on.
I look at insurance like most others and think it’s a croc. But all it takes is some cancer or an accident and you’re screwed without it. It’s a dumb game we working class have to play.

Top Bottom