Rancho lift?

Fragsrus

Anyone have experience with the Rancho lift kits? Considering the current rebate offer I am looking at this kit here:
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...t.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=RANRS66107

Any ideas on their ride quality in general? My ride is mostly a DD but I do like to play on the rocks as often as I can get out to them. I need something to clear my stock fenders and 35s at full flex. The current BB with stock springs just isnt holding up the the aftermarket bumper and winch.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have no experience but i have heard that the ride quality is soft and is comparable to the EVO plush rides. other than that thats all i know. maybe rancho or someone else will chime in with more info for you.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Anyone have experience with the Rancho lift kits? Considering the current rebate offer I am looking at this kit here:
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...t.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=RANRS66107

Any ideas on their ride quality in general? My ride is mostly a DD but I do like to play on the rocks as often as I can get out to them. I need something to clear my stock fenders and 35s at full flex. The current BB with stock springs just isnt holding up the the aftermarket bumper and winch.

I'm bias. :) Pair it with the 9000's and have fun!!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Im not sure the 9000s are in the budget, so I was looking at the 5000s.

The 5000's are a good shock, but the 9000's are probably the best you can spend at this price point. :beer:

rescue7

I would like some more info on the quality of the lifts. Do the kits come with good components, and are they complete? I know some issues with other kits have been lack of quality, use of drop down brackets, or just unnecessary items.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I would like some more info on the quality of the lifts. Do the kits come with good components, and are they complete? I know some issues with other kits have been lack of quality, use of drop down brackets, or just unnecessary items.

All of our systems are Made in the USA.
Most of our systems are up gradable ( add control arms down the road if you want, etc)
Lifetime warranty on our systems. Save that receipt.
We have been in the Jeep game, since the early 50's.

rescue7

All of our systems are Made in the USA.
Most of our systems are up gradable ( add control arms down the road if you want, etc)
Lifetime warranty on our systems. Save that receipt.
We have been in the Jeep game, since the early 50's.

Thanks for the reply! How do the MT shocks compare to the 9000's?

Are your springs soft and plush? If so, when weighed down with bumpers and armor, do they start sagging?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the reply! How do the MT shocks compare to the 9000's?

Are your springs soft and plush? If so, when weighed down with bumpers and armor, do they start sagging?

The RS7000Mt is a monotube so a firm/responsive ride. But not as highly charged as others in the market, this is what I run on my personal JKU actually.
As with most companies our springs are taller than stated height to account for bumpers etc. I think the springs are pretty forgiving, honestly. My wife is NOT a Jeep girl and she doesn't complain about the on-road ride. She hasn't wheeled with me in, oh 10 years. Ha! I have had the 4" springs on my JK (gave me about 4.75" ) and I have a light front bumper/winch combo and a decent size rear bumper going, no noticeable sag.

My Jeep out at King of the Hammers.
4" CRAWLER Long Arm
37's

Rancho_skids1_zpsee82640a.jpg

Last edited:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I've had a few Rancho lifts, all have been great quality. I like that they are made in the USA. I feel that the shocks are going to make a noticeable difference to you. A monotube is going to give you a much better ride and give you more out of your lift. If you cant afford the 9000s, take a look at the 7000s. They are a bit more affordable and give a good ride. I just rode in a JK with rancho springs and 7000s today, I would say it is slightly softer than the stock suspension that was on my 2 Door.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
The RS7000Mt is a monotube so a firm/responsive ride. But not as highly charged as others in the market, this is what I run on my personal JKU actually.
As with most companies our springs are taller than stated height to account for bumpers etc. I think the springs are pretty forgiving, honestly. My wife is NOT a Jeep girl and she doesn't complain about the on-road ride. She hasn't wheeled with me in, oh 10 years. Ha! I have had the 4" springs on my JK (gave me about 4.75" ) and I have a light front bumper/winch combo and a decent size rear bumper going, no noticeable sag.

My Jeep out at King of the Hammers.
4" CRAWLER Long Arm
37's

Rancho_skids1_zpsee82640a.jpg

Those wheels and tires are garbage, you should just give them to me! :cheesy: Sweet rig brother! Hopefully one day mine will be similar!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
I've had a few Rancho lifts, all have been great quality. I like that they are made in the USA. I feel that the shocks are going to make a noticeable difference to you. A monotube is going to give you a much better ride and give you more out of your lift. If you cant afford the 9000s, take a look at the 7000s. They are a bit more affordable and give a good ride. I just rode in a JK with rancho springs and 7000s today, I would say it is slightly softer than the stock suspension that was on my 2 Door.

Good info. I went from 9000's set on 3 (4 door JK) to the 7000's. It was noticeable, as in I wasn't too sure I was down with that style of shock. It took about a week to get used to them, that was 3 years ago.
That being said, on my diesel 3/4 tom, adjustable all the way.

Last edited:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Those wheels and tires are garbage, you should just give them to me! :cheesy: Sweet rig brother! Hopefully one day mine will be similar!

Thanks! I have been around the JK's since they came out, and every year I was like, I am getting one this year... finally did and I am happy. And I am going to 38.5 Falken MT stickies soon. :rock: My buddy is psyched because I told him he can rock the 37" Krawlers this year in Moab. ( He trailers his YJ, I will start trailering again, I wanted to do the WOL thing :beer: and drive this JK a lot.)

Fragsrus

OK, well if I drop down to the 3" Sport system, rather than the 3" Trail system, I could go with the 9000s. Would there be any issues with that setup? It looks like the only thing I would be giving up is the front/rear adjustable control arms. But those I could add at a later date with the Sport Upgrade system and basically end up with a 3" Crawler system, right? Another question (possibly/hopefully my last): Will the included front/rear bump stop spacers allow me to fully clear my 35s with my stock fenders?

DManuel

The RS7000Mt is a monotube so a firm/responsive ride. But not as highly charged as others in the market, this is what I run on my personal JKU actually. As with most companies our springs are taller than stated height to account for bumpers etc. I think the springs are pretty forgiving, honestly. My wife is NOT a Jeep girl and she doesn't complain about the on-road ride. She hasn't wheeled with me in, oh 10 years. Ha! I have had the 4" springs on my JK (gave me about 4.75" ) and I have a light front bumper/winch combo and a decent size rear bumper going, no noticeable sag. My Jeep out at King of the Hammers. 4" CRAWLER Long Arm 37's
I am also looking at a Rancho lift, 3", and the 9000's for my '10 Rubicon Unlimited. This is some great info. Also, what front bumper is on your Jeep? I like the look.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Are you guys selling a long arm upgrade?
Not at this time. :grayno:

OK, well if I drop down to the 3" Sport system, rather than the 3" Trail system, I could go with the 9000s. Would there be any issues with that setup? No issues. It looks like the only thing I would be giving up is the front/rear adjustable control arms. But those I could add at a later date with the Sport Upgrade system and basically end up with a 3" Crawler system, right? Exactly! I hear of a lot of guys going this route, you can add who ever's arms you want.. Another question (possibly/hopefully my last) Ask as many as you want.: Will the included front/rear bump stop spacers allow me to fully clear my 35s with my stock fenders? Yes, it is built around a stock Rubicon and those flares.

I am also looking at a Rancho lift, 3", and the 9000's for my '10 Rubicon Unlimited. This is some great info. Also, what front bumper is on your Jeep? I like the look.

That bumper/light bar is ours too. Made in the USA!!!!

Halas

Rancho, I am having lift mental drama at the moment and I was wondering if you could help and I figured this would be the thread to and I am assuming others have the same issues deciding.....

I have a 2012 JKU Sahara with 285/70/17 BFG KM2's... Plan on 285/75/17's or 35/12/17's when these wear out (which I assume will be sooner then later). This is primarily a DD but I do like hitting moderate trails and basically anything that a normal vehicle can not hit.... I am on the north east US so rocks are not something that I run into.

I was looking at the 2.5 AEV but then I saw all of the don't waste your money comments and then Eddie mentioned the Rancho 2" sport.... Interesting and the price rocks with the 9000 shocks.

Start doing homework on the kit and saw the rebate and found the 3"sport kit with the the 9000 shocks for about $950.

Here is where the questions start:
1) your current rebate for the 3" kit and 9000 shocks is $300 so the kit will cost me 650 is this correct? (oh ya, wow)
2) what else would I need to make this kit complete for my needs - I am looking to retain or improve handling/braking/...
3) will this kit look ok with my current tire size, tires are mounted on black rhinos 4.5"back spacing, I do not want to look like I am driving around on stilts

4) should I just go back to the 2" sport seeing that I am most likely going to go with 285/75/17's instead on 35/12.5/17

5)please add any other input on rancho over others, yes I am setting you up for a rancho commercial in exchange for your input

Spartan

Rancho, I am having lift mental drama at the moment and I was wondering if you could help and I figured this would be the thread to and I am assuming others have the same issues deciding.....

I have a 2012 JKU Sahara with 285/70/17 BFG KM2's... Plan on 285/75/17's or 35/12/17's when these wear out (which I assume will be sooner then later). This is primarily a DD but I do like hitting moderate trails and basically anything that a normal vehicle can not hit.... I am on the north east US so rocks are not something that I run into.

I was looking at the 2.5 AEV but then I saw all of the don't waste your money comments and then Eddie mentioned the Rancho 2" sport.... Interesting and the price rocks with the 9000 shocks.

Start doing homework on the kit and saw the rebate and found the 3"sport kit with the the 9000 shocks for about $950.

Here is where the questions start:
1) your current rebate for the 3" kit and 9000 shocks is $300 so the kit will cost me 650 is this correct? (oh ya, wow)
2) what else would I need to make this kit complete for my needs - I am looking to retain or improve handling/braking/...
3) will this kit look ok with my current tire size, tires are mounted on black rhinos 4.5"back spacing, I do not want to look like I am driving around on stilts

4) should I just go back to the 2" sport seeing that I am most likely going to go with 285/75/17's instead on 35/12.5/17

5)please add any other input on rancho over others, yes I am setting you up for a rancho commercial in exchange for your input

If I'm looking at the same loft. 4 Wheel parts and 4WD both have the that package for under $600 + a $50 rebate, and from what Eddie was telling me a new front drive shaft would because the stock one is to short for any lifts over 2.5in.

Halas

If I'm looking at the same loft. 4 Wheel parts and 4WD both have the that package for under $600 + a $50 rebate, and from what Eddie was telling me a new front drive shaft would because the stock one is to short for any lifts over 2.5in.

The rebate for the lift and 4 9000 shocks is $300. So you can shop around and get it all for about $650.

Was the drive shift to short for jk and jku?

Is it still a problem if you you do not plan on fully flexing out?

Top Bottom