Pics of your EVO tire carriers please!

JKFlyer

Any evo tire carrier guys know how to hook up cb antenna with that tiny little opening between hole and top of hinge? I got a nut on there to Mount antenna but to actually get the proper receiving nut with wire to make cb work? U will know what I mean if u have carrier w corner guards. There is only a 1/2 -3/4 inch gap. Zoom in on pic if can

Thx

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1390961550501.jpg
    1390961550501.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 437

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Any evo tire carrier guys know how to hook up cb antenna with that tiny little opening between hole and top of hinge? I got a nut on there to Mount antenna but to actually get the proper receiving nut with wire to make cb work? U will know what I mean if u have carrier w corner guards. There is only a 1/2 -3/4 inch gap. Zoom in on pic if can

Thx

Drill a hole in the bracket that holds the Johnny joint...

JKFlyer

U guys are awesome. Point is to not even use top bracket. So simple I should have figured that out. :banghead:

Thx

JLE21

can anyone post some pics of the inner side of the tire carrier, I would like to see how the tire is mounted on :yup:

NY1982JK

I should add that everything I've read makes mention that you will be required to do a little soldering on this one.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I should add that everything I've read makes mention that you will be required to do a little soldering on this one.

where did you read this? just curious since thats the cable I have and didnt need to do anything extra other than just bolting it on.

NY1982JK

Several reviews online and also when I went to purchase this exact wire from a local CB Shop, they had it with loose ends that needed to be soldered together. Maybe there are two very similar versions???

NY1982JK

On the internet of course, so it must be true! :D :cheesy:

Bonjour!

I did actually lol. But I did actually go to a local shop to check for myself and the connector that goes inside the Jeep and hooks to the radio was completely separate and needed to be soldered just as the reviews online said. Guy at the shop told me it was in order to make fishing the line through the tailgate of the jeep easier. :idontknow:

PNWjeeper

Body-Color Painted EVO Tire Carriers'

Anybody have pics of their rig with a painted evo tire carrier or someone elses?

thanks!

JAGS

Hooked
I did actually lol. But I did actually go to a local shop to check for myself and the connector that goes inside the Jeep and hooks to the radio was completely separate and needed to be soldered just as the reviews online said. Guy at the shop told me it was in order to make fishing the line through the tailgate of the jeep easier. :idontknow:

My version had finished ends. The part that attached to the CB in the cab was "finished" but came in two parts. This allowed me to still fish the wire. Once that was done, another piece just screwed on and then that allowed it to connect to the CB. Maybe it's changed or maybe yours was older??? Or mine was older and they come how you said now??? Multiple versions??? Either case, mine did not need to be soldered.

JAGS

Hooked
Anybody have pics of their rig with a painted evo tire carrier or someone elses?

thanks!

Did you look through this thread? :thinking: There are tons of pics, mostly all painted. MTG even has matched corners with black carrier.

NY1982JK

My version had finished ends. The part that attached to the CB in the cab was "finished" but came in two parts. This allowed me to still fish the wire. Once that was done, another piece just screwed on and then that allowed it to connect to the CB. Maybe it's changed or maybe yours was older??? Or mine was older and they come how you said now??? Multiple versions??? Either case, mine did not need to be soldered.

I ended up going with a different wire with a standard connector at the end. That one had a "finished" end in two parts like yours came, but it didn't have the "Firering" end. Quite possibly could have been an older one or something. The place I got it from didn't seem to move much merchandise...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

thanks!

do you meant the carrier or the skins? like JAGS said people have painted their skins to match (MTG is an example) but i havent seen the carrier painted. the only thing i have seen the carrier done in is powder coat.

Top Bottom