Pics of your EVO tire carriers please!

I don't have any issues with out my bumper as a matter of fact I've had two CHP officers and all my deputy buddies complement me on my rig. The only guys you gotta watch out for are from the "traffic division" mainly motorcycle officers there the ones that get hit with rocks. ..etc from riding behind guys with out mud flaps and bumpers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cool, thanks for the reassurance. I'm just worried that without a tire carrier, the lack of bumper will be more noticeable and I will get pulled over. I'll probably be about a month without a tire carrier from what overlander said.

Kinda off topic, but..... does EVO make the rear skins for 2 doors? I know the skins I see on the 4dr's will fit the 2dr's. I'm trying to see if they make skins specifically for 2dr's that go farther forward and down the front of the rear quarter panel. Does this make sense? The skins on the 4dr might look a little wierd on a 2dr I think.

Kinda off topic, but..... does EVO make the rear skins for 2 doors? I know the skins I see on the 4dr's will fit the 2dr's. I'm trying to see if they make skins specifically for 2dr's that go farther forward and down the front of the rear quarter panel. Does this make sense? The skins on the 4dr might look a little wierd on a 2dr I think.

I have called and talked to Mel and asked the same question and the answer was no. They use the same rear corners for the 2 door and 4 door. I wish the made the full 2 door ones also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have called and talked to Mel and asked the same question and the answer was no. They use the same rear corners for the 2 door and 4 door. I wish the made the full 2 door ones also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ahhh ok. Thanks for the answer. I knew someone here would know.

Might be a bit late to the party on this one, but the rust is likely more due to the Harbor Freight Pins than the joint.

I never thought of that....at all but it makes a lot of sense now that I think about it

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

I never thought of that....at all but it makes a lot of sense now that I think about it Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

That should not be the case. Mine are rusty and time for new ones and my joints look fine. It is worth a try though. Swap em.

Question for you guys with the carrier. Are the rubber bumpers that came on the tailgate from the factory going to be necessary with the evo carrier? Also, what license plate light/ 3rd brake light are you guys running? Trying to figure out what else I need to purchase in addition to the carrier and skins

The bumpers aren't necessarily needed for their intended use but, if you remove them, you will have holes in the tailgate. I forget which third brake light I am using.

Off road only is a pretty popular 3rd brake light/license plate light

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you pull the rubber bump stops out of the tail gate you can fill them with UFO's.

I can't find the pic of them in my tailgate but it's the same thing as what you here see on my hood.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1391389514.337075.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

The bumpers aren't necessarily needed for their intended use but, if you remove them, you will have holes in the tailgate. I forget which third brake light I am using.

Damn. The reason I ask is because I sold mine so I wasn't sure if I need to buy new ones
Off road only is a pretty popular 3rd brake light/license plate light

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's the one I was looking at a while ago, thanks for reminding me!

If you pull the rubber bump stops out of the tail gate you can fill them with UFO's.

I can't find the pic of them in my tailgate but it's the same thing as what you here see on my hood.

View attachment 67336

Sent from my iPhone

Those look nice, what's the price on them?

Top Bottom