Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Here’s a Throwback Thursday, that I think I posted in this thread four years ago.
IMG_6426.jpg
I had to explain, over and over, that I was not selling the entire Jeep for $1,100. Just the hard top

One person asked, “Do it run,” to which I replied I was selling the top only. Her response was, “Yeah, but do it run?” I told her, “Not without a Jeep under it.”

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
WTF? That's some crazy shit. So sad and so stupid.

This...
View attachment 359793

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/gm-ann...243n8cKSntPovnpjmZIi1_-u1Ab2_HEKdylwzGc6qqP0o

I’m sure all our Texas Wayalifers really believe in electric vehicles after lasts weeks power grid failure.

I’ve been hearing rumblings from all three that this is happening. To Doug’s point, there’s a lot more to it than just stopping the production of internal combustion engines. The entire power grid and gas/charging station infrastructure will have to be redeveloped to support the change as well. It really is mind boggling. It’s happening even faster in Europe. But not in China, India, or Brazil where it really matters.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick

I’ve been hearing rumblings from all three that this is happening. To Doug’s point, there’s a lot more to it than just stopping the production of internal combustion engines. The entire power grid and gas/charging station infrastructure will have to be redeveloped to support the change as well. It really is mind boggling. It’s happening even faster in Europe. But not in China, India, or Brazil where it really matters.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Exactly, where are all the plugs going to get their power? It’s magic I guess. Do electric cars have heaters even?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Do electric cars have heaters even?

There's a few ways they get heat but a lot use an electric water pump that moves coolant through the heater core. Every time the water pump comes on, a tree and puppy get saved somewhere.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Where exactly does GM plan on finding the lithium and other metals necessary to make batteries?

As I understand it, there is not enough lithium on planet earth to swap out every dino powered vehicle with an EV.

What about the impact to the planet from the mining that will be necessary to even attempt to create the batteries for a 100% EV fleet?

FFPulley77

Hooked
Where exactly does GM plan on finding the lithium and other metals necessary to make batteries?

As I understand it, there is not enough lithium on planet earth to swap out every dino powered vehicle with an EV.

What about the impact to the planet from the mining that will be necessary to even attempt to create the batteries for a 100% EV fleet?

Shhh... you’re using logic to explain magic. Don’t worry about lithium mines and the equipment used to extract the metal. Just focus on the shiny cars that make a whirring sound when you hit the go pedal.

JKbrick

The main reason I think the auto companies are making these claims is to get millions of our dollars for research. Just my opinion

WJCO

Meme King

Shhh... you’re using logic to explain magic. Don’t worry about lithium mines and the equipment used to extract the metal. Just focus on the shiny cars that make a whirring sound when you hit the go pedal.

Lol. Exactly. The Greenies don't seem to think things through. The cost, lack of resources, and environmental damage to build these "clean" vehicles is absurd. And honestly, a typical ICE engine (overlander grammar) burns pretty damn clean nowadays. No reason to reinvent the wheel.

FFPulley77

Hooked
IMG_4970.jpg

This bullshit right here pisses me off. It should only have to be said once when you’re in driver’s ed.... Don’t park in front of the fire hydrant.

FFPulley77

Hooked
Surprised it’s blue

Yeah, that’s something with the City of Houston. Their colors are weird.

Back home ours weren’t the standard red either. They were yellow with either a red, orange, green or blue top. Each color told the driver/operator how many gpm’s he could expect out of it.

Still, it pisses me off when people park in front of them.

Top Bottom