Pet Peeves - What Pisses You Off?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
...But, the biggest enemy to us all, is the absolute moral freefall, that our nation is experiencing...

I sincerely would like to know if you truly believe that Trump is a moral person.

Take his presidency out of the equation because I’m not asking whether his policies were moral. Do you, as a clearly religious man who holds his faith strong (and there is no fault in that), believe Trump is a moral person and has lived his life as such?

(And actually, I think that will conclude my posts on anything related to Trump. I’ve already gummed up too many threads on this forum by talking about him. I want to move forward, not backward.)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug
I sincerely would like to know if you truly believe that Trump is a moral person.

Take his presidency out of the equation because I’m not asking whether his policies were moral. Do you, as a clearly religious man who holds his faith strong (and there is no fault in that), believe Trump is a moral person and has lived his life as such?

(And actually, I think that will conclude my posts on anything related to Trump. I’ve already gummed up too many threads on this forum by talking about him. I want to move forward, not backward.)

All of the reports of Trump’s lying, cheating, and general douche-baggery are fake news, propagated by “never Trumpers” and the MSM. He’s as pure as the driven snow. So says fellow saint Jerry Falwell Jr., at least.

Colorado4x4

Nobody has mentioned how in the commercial Bruce Springsteen is acting as a normal working American (something he hasn’t done in years) and a cowboy to boot, donning boots and someone else’s worn out hat. That offended me in itself.

Kuboske

I do not believe Donald Trump has lived his life mostly in a way that could be described as completely moral. Far from it. But, guess what, neither have I, and neither has anyone reading this post. Nobody, man or woman, on this earth, can live up to GOD'S standard of morality. That is why we all need the free gift of salvation, through the sacrifice, of the ONE person, who DID live up to that standard. JESUS CHRIST.

Now, as far as DJT's, character, from what I have read, he has some good traits, among many flaws. I've read that he is extremely loyal to those who have been loyal to him. He seems to love his family, at least his children and their spouses. He served his nation without taking his Presidential salary. I believe he truly does put this nation ahead of any other. (Unlike the despicable RINO's, and democrats.) So, that would make him a patriot in my view.

What I have to do, as a Christian, is choose the best candidate to move the nation in the direction of what is clearly, GODS, design, plan, and will. So, that means his policies are what I look at. Do I think I want him as my pastor? Clearly, no. But, as I've stated before, sometimes GOD uses the most unlikely characters to accomplish his will.

Now... You can quit posting about this election, and DJT, if you want. But, you cannot erase what has happened in the 2020 election. The nation has crossed a line that probably cannot be corrected. Too many, working class, conservative, men and women, are convinced that they have been betrayed. The RINO's, if not completely purged from the GOP, have doomed it. The wreckage left behind is nearly unrepairable. So... where does that leave us?
I pray that it can be fixed, every day.

Now... As many have rudely, asked, maybe I should quit posting not only on this subject, but, on this forum as well. It seems that hardly anyone here agrees with my Christian position. Or, they are afraid to speak up. I truly hope I am wrong.

JKbrick

I do not believe Donald Trump has lived his life mostly in a way that could be described as completely moral. Far from it. But, guess what, neither have I, and neither has anyone reading this post. Nobody, man or woman, on this earth, can live up to GOD'S standard of morality. That is why we all need the free gift of salvation, through the sacrifice, of the ONE person, who DID live up to that standard. JESUS CHRIST.

Now, as far as DJT's, character, from what I have read, he has some good traits, among many flaws. I've read that he is extremely loyal to those who have been loyal to him. He seems to love his family, at least his children and their spouses. He served his nation without taking his Presidential salary. I believe he truly does put this nation ahead of any other. (Unlike the despicable RINO's, and democrats.) So, that would make him a patriot in my view.

What I have to do, as a Christian, is choose the best candidate to move the nation in the direction of what is clearly, GODS, design, plan, and will. So, that means his policies are what I look at. Do I think I want him as my pastor? Clearly, no. But, as I've stated before, sometimes GOD uses the most unlikely characters to accomplish his will.

Now... You can quit posting about this election, and DJT, if you want. But, you cannot erase what has happened in the 2020 election. The nation has crossed a line that probably cannot be corrected. Too many, working class, conservative, men and women, are convinced that they have been betrayed. The RINO's, if not completely purged from the GOP, have doomed it. The wreckage left behind is nearly unrepairable. So... where does that leave us?

Now... As many have rudely, asked, maybe I should quit posting not only on this subject, but, on this forum as well. It seems that hardly anyone here agrees with my Christian position. Or, they are afraid to speak up. I truly hope I am wrong.

I think God is treating us the way we treat him

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
....GOD'S standard of morality....

I think God is treating us the way we treat him

I think this is where we went wrong decades ago. Whether or not one believes in the Bible or not, it is filled with a standard of morals and ethics that this country used to embrace along with many of the Founders being believers themselves. I think a lot of us here can mentally recall 'the good old days' of America vs what it's become in recent years.

jesse3638

Hooked
I think this is where we went wrong decades ago. Whether or not one believes in the Bible or not, it is filled with a standard of morals and ethics that this country used to embrace along with many of the Founders being believers themselves. I think a lot of us here can mentally recall 'the good old days' of America vs what it's become in recent years.
Its all me me me, I, I, I, and accept no responsibility when something goes wrong by one's own cause.

Watch the challenger documentary on Netflix. It brought me back to what this country can be. To see people who seemed to have accepted responsibility for their decisions which resulted in a tragedy that took 7 innocent lives was also very refreshing. They lived with their decisions since that day.

Having been in a leadership position for 9+ years I took many leadership classes. One message talked about in a course stuck out. It was based on the Challenger tragedy. Normalized or normalization of deviance. In a nutshell its getting comfortable with flaws, failures, and practices which are not meeting a set standard yet have not resulted in a catastrophic outcome, but ultimately could. Basically cutting corners and getting away with it because nothing bad happened.

We have deviated away from what this country was founded on but gotten away with it because nothing bad has happened. Will this continue or is something about to happen. I hope nothing will but who knows.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Lol. Y’all are pretty damn pressed about a car commercial.

As someone who occupies the figurative middle, I liked commercial and long for the days where our country, despite the variety of ideologies, tried to govern from the middle and move the country forward.

I guess those days are gone and we can expect the tribalism to continue...at least until the middle gets a real leader and finally serves up a bowl of donkey dicks to both sides.

My problem was that the middle people like Springsteen speak of is a bit left of center. I believe, if the left truly wants unity, they’d let the impeachment die.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
There are many aspects of the last several posts that have hit notes on multiple levels, and it is both sad & appalling at once.
It's not about religion, it's about Morals both as a society and as individuals.
Looking into the past this is a behavior that started taking shape between WW2 and Korea, formulating into the Vietnam War in the "Flower Children" and increasing with each subsequent generation.
We have lost the meaning that should be at the heart of us, both socially and spiritually.
Be Honorable - Do what's morally right, not what will earn you hits on social media.
Have Integrity - For those that truly have no concept of this meaning - this is who you are when no one is watching and the only person to blame is yourself.
Be accountable for You. Huge issue in todays world.
Grow a set, female or male, stop being a bunch of self-entitled, whiny assed, butt hurt little pussies that have a breakdown because someone said something on social media. Boo fuckin hoo.
If words 'hurt' you, you're part of the problem.
There will Always be just one way to deter a bully- stand up to him/her/them as many times as needed, usually just once because bullies are empowered by their prey.
That, as a society, it has become the norm to placate instead of teach. To praise without cause ie: you're so special (what the fuck ever)(you want to be special, Earn it) And make it so that to stand out in excellence is frowned upon because the 'system' has become geared to the lowest common denominator. "Unless Everyone is special, no one can be"
Thanks for hearing me out...
<climbs off tampon box>
<Cleanup on aisle 2>

Courtesy is given. Respect is earned.

07 JKU Sahara - Rrangdar
07 JKU Rubicon - Drachyn

Exodus 4x4

The first three who commented that they wished for more centerism in the country. Sharkey, Bubba and Ed. It wasn’t a jab, just saying I understand they don’t like the man (Trump) or his policies for one reason or another, which is okay, I just think it’s going to be really hard for this country to find a real balance again. Not a fake forced “unity”.

Actually I liked his policies, and I don’t think I paid enough attention to him to really care about the man himself. I’m just pissed off at politicians altogether, left or right, it doesn’t matter. They’re all clowns.

Seahawkfan

Hooked

I'm not all that religious, but I'll give this post a B+. Stick around..;)

MericaMade

When you order something on Amazon and it says order within the next "set time" and get by tomorrow. You then add the order to your cart and it says guarantee delivery 9 days from today...WTF!

Last edited:

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
News articles like this piss me off, simply because there are a lot of people who don’t read the articles or understand statistics at all.

445 survey participants is not a valid or reliable sample to generalize the results to all Hawaii residents. Media sucks.

IMG_1245.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
News articles like this piss me off, simply because there are a lot of people who don’t read the articles or understand statistics at all.

445 survey participants is not a valid or reliable sample to generalize the results to all Hawaii residents. Media sucks.

View attachment 359348

Agreed... I f’n hate surveys and polls.. total crock of shit.

WJCO

Meme King

Hawaii has 1.4 million people. 445 was close.

samsonite-i-was.jpg

Top Bottom