Old news but in case there are any doubters - TeraFlex Tire Carrier Break

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
That's just horrible. :grayno:

I can't even imagine the damage a flying 37" tire would do. How people can still run this thing and how Teraflex can keep selling this POS is beyond me. The funny thing Eddie, all those hating trolls are arguing with you, but I bet you 10 beers says 1) ALL of them that own this thing ran the f*** outside and checked theirs, and 2) Those that were going to buy it now are not going to. Haters gunn hate.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can't even imagine the damage a flying 37" tire would do. How people can still run this thing and how Teraflex can keep selling this POS is beyond me.

Honestly, I can't even begin to understand how they can do this.

The funny thing Eddie, all those hating trolls are arguing with you, but I bet you 10 beers says 1) ALL of them that own this thing ran the f*** outside and checked theirs, and 2) Those that were going to buy it now are not going to. Haters gunn hate.

:cheesy: Oh, you know it!! How I would love to see them all scampering out to their Jeeps to look. :crazyeyes:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Teraflex carrier owners have this to look forward to...

Keep your eye on the left side of the screen.

Two birds with one stone.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a note from the most recent troll on FB...

Michael Malmstein Does you even pay for said "defective" products? You beat the hell out of your jk's with either a 37 or 40 bouncing around back there. No surprise there are failures. Not everyone wheels their jk hard, or even wheels them at all. Id bet that only @ 10% of jk's get wheels remotely hard, and only a small number of them run this tire carrier. Thus, a very small number of guys are having a problem with this product. That being said, from a company stand point, the term "recall" is overkill and ludacris. Realize that you wheel your rig hard, beef it up for such. Breakage is just reason to modify/increase structural integrity. I dont see a problem or need for the agressive tone in your posts. Being that you posted on this months sho, your just posting again on how the old design is not up to par for the function that you use it for.

The knife has already been set into TF, a resolution already defined and in place. Twisting the knife does what? Nothing.

Apparently, this break happened on my JK - imagine that? :crazyeyes:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug

Eddie, are you editing the trolling comments out? I only see 6 comments, one of which is mine. :thinking:

ROFLWAFFLES at the trolling post above..."ludacris." Apparently the carrier comes with a rapper. :D

LOL at "your tone." Reminds me of that scene Meet The Parents when the stewardess was telling Ben Stiller to calm down and he was calm. :D

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, are you editing the trolling comments out? I only see 6 comments, one of which is mine. :thinking:

ROFLWAFFLES at the trolling post above..."ludacris." Apparently the carrier comes with a rapper. :D

:thinking: Really? Nope, not me. Might be the OP's deleted their own posts? :idontknow:

EDIT: Check our Project-JK FB page. We don't usually have trolls on our WAYALIFE one.

FuriousDz

Hopefully I just cleared that up. I replied to the post on FB.

The thing that kills me is if God forbid something bad happened and people found out that you knew there was a known or potential issue they would probably be pissed off you didn't speak up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully I just cleared that up. I replied to the post on FB.

The thing that kills me is if God forbid something bad happened and people found out that you knew there was a known or potential issue they would probably be pissed off you didn't speak up

Thank you, I do appreciate it and no kidding. It seems for some, I just can't do anything right.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
:thinking: Really? Nope, not me. Might be the OP's deleted their own posts? :idontknow:

EDIT: Check our Project-JK FB page. We don't usually have trolls on our WAYALIFE one.

Just saw you edit this, but I figured it out. That Lee In Denver dude posted up a link to your debate on the Crawlorado Jeepers Facebook page

Aeraun

I can understand the argument that the carrier is good for the majority of those with Jeeps due to them either not wheeling hard - most certainly not as hard as Eddie - or who run 33"s or even 35"s but its the fact that TF advertises them to be strong enough to a level that they clearly weren't for. I still don't get why people take it as Eddie backstabbing TF when all he's doing is going, "Hey, look what happened."

The Force will be with you.... always

beans

Wow....thanks for posting! :Wide Eyed and Scare: We are looking into an upgrade but not Teraflex. Does anyone know were their stuff is made?

Edit: found out on the other forum. Needless to say, I'm not surprised. I had a coffee grinder two months ago (used only once) that caught FIRE and melted my drapes. I went out that day and bought a 100yr old cast iron manual wall mounted one. That thing will probably outlive the house :D

Last edited:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Just saw you edit this, but I figured it out. That Lee In Denver dude posted up a link to your debate on the Crawlorado Jeepers Facebook page

There's more jeep forums out there?!?! All I know and care to know about is wayalife and project-jk

Top Bottom