My Dynomax Quiet Crawler Modified Install

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Install done. So far I am very happy with this setup. It has just a little more throat to it but definitely not obnoxious. I feel like I will still be able to hear the suspension and wheels crawling off road, which is important. If anything, it is on the quiet side for aftermarket...at least according to my 16 year old. I told him to start saving for a V8. Lol.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’ll take some pics later but I did end up wrapping the ebrake cable on the axle with heatshield tape. I did the same next to the muffler on the frame rail. Probably overkill, but it gives me some piece of mind.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Install done. So far I am very happy with this setup. It has just a little more throat to it but definitely not obnoxious. I feel like I will still be able to hear the suspension and wheels crawling off road, which is important. If anything, it is on the quiet side for aftermarket...at least according to my 16 year old. I told him to start saving for a V8. Lol.

Yes. It has a very pleasant tone.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RSQCON

Wanted to thank Aermotor. Had everything welded up. Pleasant sound w/ no drone, a lot quieter than I expected.
IMG_4241.jpg

cpo

I just did this install, and put out a video this morning. I gave you guys a shout out in the vid... this thread inspired me to cobble mine together....
I didn't want to violate any forums rules by posting the video link... so let me know if its okay or not (or someone else can share it if they want.)

Last edited:

cpo

So... anyone have any concerns with all the added heat at the axle tube. I took some of that extra stick-on heat shield and stuck it to the front side of the axle that faces the exhaust, just to try and cut down some of the added heat. Just curious if it's a problem that needs solving. Quick temp gun measurements after a 20 minute drive only shows that side of the axle being 20-25 degrees warmer than the other side... so it may not make that much of a difference. The guy that does my gears and axle work said he avoids dumping before the axle because the added heat can more rapidly break down the gear oil... but also admitted that regular maintenance might make it a non-issue. What's your experience?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
So... anyone have any concerns with all the added heat at the axle tube. I took some of that extra stick-on heat shield and stuck it to the front side of the axle that faces the exhaust, just to try and cut down some of the added heat. Just curious if it's a problem that needs solving. Quick temp gun measurements after a 20 minute drive only shows that side of the axle being 20-25 degrees warmer than the other side... so it may not make that much of a difference. The guy that does my gears and axle work said he avoids dumping before the axle because the added heat can more rapidly break down the gear oil... but also admitted that regular maintenance might make it a non-issue. What's your experience?

Not an issue

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermotor

Been running this since I installed it about 20,000 miles ago and no issues with exhaust in the cabin or any signs of heat on the axle. I did melt the e-brake sheathing early on when I didn't have it positioned right but that hasn't caused any issues.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Reviving an old thread. As much as I like the sound of this exhaust, my kid wants it louder (typical teenager). Any thoughts about just removing the bullet and swapping in a short piece? Is the bullet what quiets this exhaust setup? Anyone try just running the muffler?

BaddestCross

Reviving an old thread. As much as I like the sound of this exhaust, my kid wants it louder (typical teenager). Any thoughts about just removing the bullet and swapping in a short piece? Is the bullet what quiets this exhaust setup? Anyone try just running the muffler?
The resonator changes the tone of the exhaust. The muffler quiets it down. Pull the muffler to make it louder.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
^^ This! Actually, I did promise him a V8 if he gets a full ride scholarship for college. ;)

Damn the only thing my parents promised me if I got a full ride scholarship to college was that I could go to college [emoji23]. I would be a whole different person today.

Top Bottom