My Dynomax Quiet Crawler Modified Install

The part #52561 Intermediate Pipe... is that piece needed if i'm having a muffler shop install the Muffler and Bullet muffler? Does the Intermediate pipe make the install that much easier since it's pre-bent?

Flat Top

The part #52561 Intermediate Pipe... is that piece needed if i'm having a muffler shop install the Muffler and Bullet muffler? Does the Intermediate pipe make the install that much easier since it's pre-bent?

Yes, the #52561 Intermediate Pipe is just in front of the muffler and drops the line down to just above the frame rails. However on mine the hanger was in the incorrect location and I needed to cut off and re-weld to position. Of course the other possibility is that I'm and idiot and spatially challenged. :crazyeyes::crazyeyes:

20180324_161856.jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Yes, the #52561 Intermediate Pipe is just in front of the muffler and drops the line down to just above the frame rails. However on mine the hanger was in the incorrect location and I needed to cut off and re-weld to position. Of course the other possibility is that I'm and idiot and spatially challenged. :crazyeyes::crazyeyes:

View attachment 298440

That, or your muffler is backwards... (Either that, or MINE is backwards) :cheesy: :clap2: :crazyeyes:

:idontknow: it sounds fine to me... :beer: :cheesy:

PRO TIP! The muffler IS covered by clear plastic film... TAKE IT OFF before it burns on and stinks to high hell... ask me how I know... :doh:

TxCoastie

The PN for the tail pipe that dumps behind the axle is 55428

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-55428

Great write-up!

If I use part #55428 (Pipe) above will I still need to both parts #52561 (Pipe) from OP's design or does 55428 replace 52561 for pushing the tailpipe past the rear axle?

Also if I use 55428 will I still need a 2x 5" piece of 2.5" OD exhaust pipe from OP's design? This is kit will fit on stock or lifted JKU's correct?

Thanks!

Gobicon2017

Just finished installing this modified quiet crawler and I’m happy with the fit and finish. I changed out mufflers and went with the round ultra flow SS part number 17263. It tucked up pretty well. Sound is great. Need to finish up tomorrow. I’m gonna cut the old tailpipe and have it dump just behind the axle so I can reuse the factory exhaust hanger.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_2857.JPG

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Ok, I've read the variety of threads and parts lists on this and it seems like there are two different routes (pre-axle or post-axle dump). I'm just trying to make sure I get everything needed depending on which way my son goes.

Here is the pre-axle dump part list. The only thing additional would be two straight pieces of 5" long 2.5" O.D. pipe, which might be something like $40 (I haven't found a part number for those pieces yet).

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 1.05.10 PM.png

Here is the post-axle dump part list. Nothing else needed and this is basically the old Dynomax kit, part for part.

Screen Shot 2018-04-25 at 1.07.29 PM.jpg

Am I missing anything obvious that anyone can see?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Ok, I've read the variety of threads and parts lists on this and it seems like there are two different routes (pre-axle or post-axle dump). I'm just trying to make sure I get everything needed depending on which way my son goes.

Here is the pre-axle dump part list. The only thing additional would be two straight pieces of 5" long 2.5" O.D. pipe, which might be something like $40 (I haven't found a part number for those pieces yet).

View attachment 300076

Here is the post-axle dump part list. Nothing else needed and this is basically the old Dynomax kit, part for part.

View attachment 300077

That looks right to me. When I changed from pre-axle, to post-axle dump, I didn’t use an exhaust tip. I cut the rear pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

View attachment 300076

View attachment 300077

You dont really need the straight pipe between unless you are planning to clamp it together. I'ed save the $100 ish (the cost of the clamps and pipe) and just weld it together or have an exhaust shop so it. It will likely cost around $60...so basically save $30 worst case.

This will put the bullet right between the evap and the frame rail, then just the turn down and a hanger up to the last factory hanger on the drivers side before the axle. Easy.

If you go the other way, (post axle dump) idk. I didn't do that.

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

Last edited:
Top Bottom