My Dynomax Quiet Crawler Modified Install

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You dont really need the straight pipe between, save the $40 ish and just weld it.
This will put the bullet right between the evap and the frame rail, then just the turn down and a hanger up to the last factory hanger on the drivers side before the axle. Easy.

If you go the other way, idk. I didn't do that.

sent from SPACE!
DZZ Build thread

I he does, it should be cheaper to get a piece at a local auto parts store.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Can you use aluminizied steel for any extension pieces? Looks like you can get a long piece and cut it down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Summit does sell the short straight pieces in case someone is looking at this. Dynomax Performance 41964: 2.5" in. O.D. x 4.5" length. Only $5.99 each.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Summit does sell the short straight pieces in case someone is looking at this. Dynomax Performance 41964: 2.5" in. O.D. x 4.5" length. Only $5.99 each.
Man thank you for this, perfect!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm trying to figure out what to expect time wise for this install (hoping to maybe squeeze it in tomorrow night). About how long should this take? Is it worth it to spend the $30 on an exhaust hanger tool/plier?

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I'm trying to figure out what to expect time wise for this install (hoping to maybe squeeze it in tomorrow night). About how long should this take? Is it worth it to spend the $30 on an exhaust hanger tool/plier?
I think when I did the competition version it took me about 2 hours. Hardest part of course was taking off the stock pipes. I used the tool and was still a little difficult, I couldn't imagine doing it without it.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

Maybe couple hours, it’s just a matter of aligning everything if you are using the clamps. If you are dumping the exhaust past the axle you might want to trim some of the piece that goes over the axle so you can place the tip to your liking. I just sprayed the exhaust hangers with some WD40, managed to get a pry bar in there and they slipped right of.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug

Let me add to my post. I had to add relief cuts to my muffler to allow for the clamp to properly squeeze on there.
IMG_6520.jpg
I ended up replacing the crappy clamps with the band clamps for better and more leak less connection after busting my muffler loose while wheeling one day
IMG_6521.jpg
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-692250-1

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Thanks for the responses and heads up on the clamps. I’m not sure the turndown I bought is going to work with the hanger I purchased. I’ll see how well everything pieces together, but I have a feeling I could end up taking it all to a muffler shop to have it welded.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I also have some concerns about the muffler and/or bullet torching some brake lines that are on the frame. Anyone have any issues with that?

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I’m also worried about the lines on the frame right next to the muffler and bullet, but it doesn’t sound like anyone has had issues there.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I’m also worried about the lines on the frame right next to the muffler and bullet, but it doesn’t sound like anyone has had issues there.
Would using a heat shield help? Perhaps you can trim down the extension pieces an inch or two? I don't recall seeing any other issues to any lines except for what zimm experienced.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Just lube them good. The job depends on how hard the old exhaust is to get undone.

Top Bottom