MedixJK build thread

Yeah it really does suck. Has to be play somewhere. Could even be worn holes on the upper track bar bracket. By having someone steer back and forth, you should be able to find it. What lift are you at and is drag link flipped if you're over 3.5 inches?
3" enforcer. Yields exactly 3". I havent done the dl flip yet for the simple fact that its handled great.

Yea i know its not the cause, but i wonder if it was hiding something...it drove fine until i swapped tierods and dropped the stabilizer. Yea prorock has new bj's, and id like to think the brand new tierod ends are good too but you never know. Gonna start disecting in the am. And fuck death wobble, that shit was crazy violent

Ah man that sucks. I would start with the track bar torque.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

agree with many post above, start at track bar on both ends. sounds like you have eveything else correct. I actually run without a stabilizer but started to notice a little shimmy around 40 so going to re-tourqe everything this weekend

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Would a draglink flip actually help?

Drag link would probably not help death wobble but it will help highway handling . DW usually happens when you hit a bump while going around a curve at about 35-45 mph and it sucks! If check track bar torque first and go for a bit more than 125 ft lbs.

I got death wobble when we were at Windrock last. Me, Mike, Scott, Harrison and Dylan were hauling ass down the road and basically jumped our Jeeps on a bridge and I got death wobble bad lol. I knew before hand that my tie rod end was a little loose so I knew at some point I would probably get it. Death wobble hasn't came back (knock on wood) except a small shimmy at 40. I don't plane on fixing mine since the tons will hopefully be in soon (fingers crossed). But hopefully you can find the problem tomorrow! Make sure you have all the essential tools like beer, a hammer and some curse words lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man sorry to read that. Hopefully you find it quick & easy. On a side note if you notice your Synergy tie rod rotating over a lot they make a flat cup washer that replaces the grease boots that holds it in place. Plus my boots were constantly falling off so I replaced them. Its a good tie rod, but those boots? Meh...

Ever see death wobble on someone else vehicle? I literally saw it happen this summer driving thru Denver and a guy in a stock 2 door hit a bridge expansion joint and :eek:.
Jesus H Christ did it look scary! This guys eyes were as big as plates! I swear every time I hit one of those joints the rest of the way home my ass grabbed the seat cushion!

Hope you find out what's wrong quick...:thumb:

Man sorry to read that. Hopefully you find it quick & easy. On a side note if you notice your Synergy tie rod rotating over a lot they make a flat cup washer that replaces the grease boots that holds it in place. Plus my boots were constantly falling off so I replaced them. Its a good tie rod, but those boots? Meh...

Ever see death wobble on someone else vehicle? I literally saw it happen this summer driving thru Denver and a guy in a stock 2 door hit a bridge expansion joint and :eek:.
Jesus H Christ did it look scary! This guys eyes were as big as plates! I swear every time I hit one of those joints the rest of the way home my ass grabbed the seat cushion!

Hope you find out what's wrong quick...:thumb:
Ive seen videos. I pulled into a driveway once i got it stopped. The guy across the street is a big atv guy and he saw it happen. He said it looked like i lost the tie rod completely.

Yea i know its not the cause, but i wonder if it was hiding something...it drove fine until i swapped tierods and dropped the stabilizer. Yea prorock has new bj's, and id like to think the brand new tierod ends are good too but you never know. Gonna start disecting in the am. And fuck death wobble, that shit was crazy violent

I know when I replaced my tierod, I got DW. I thought I had the nuts that hold it on the knuckles tight....false, the tierod I got has nylon lock nuts so it didn't let it fall out. went back to retighten and the DW was gone. I didn't have a new stabilizer bracket for the tierod so I drove without one for 2months or so until I installed the hydro assist.

Ok so after looking over everything and checking torque, i found what feels to be some slight play in the pitman arm end of my drag link...could this be the problem?

Ok so after looking over everything and checking torque, i found what feels to be some slight play in the pitman arm end of my drag link...could this be the problem?

Yes it could. Only takes 1/16" of play for DW to ocurr. I'm going through something similar right now. My issue is that the angle is too steep and I keep blowing through those upper drag link joints. Everytime that same joint fails, I can feel DW starting. My axle swap will finally correct the steering angles. I hope that fixes yours. No sense in the dl flip if you don't have to, however if that joint fails again, your angles may be a little steep. Good luck.

Yes it could. Only takes 1/16" of play for DW to ocurr. I'm going through something similar right now. My issue is that the angle is too steep and I keep blowing through those upper drag link joints. Everytime that same joint fails, I can feel DW starting. My axle swap will finally correct the steering angles. I hope that fixes yours. No sense in the dl flip if you don't have to, however if that joint fails again, your angles may be a little steep. Good luck.
Its not anything i can see, but if i put my hand around the joint while the wife moves the wheel, i can feel it making contact when the direction of steering force changes

Its not anything i can see, but if i put my hand around the joint while the wife moves the wheel, i can feel it making contact when the direction of steering force changes

That's how mine started but is much worse now. But at the same time, i felt that same thing once, and it was a disguise and the adjustable track bar nut was loose and the clunk transferred through the drag link. Took forever to find.

Top Bottom