MedixJK build thread

Any successful methods of straightening a bent tie rod?

How is it bent? Like pushed up from the bottom? Kinda looks like it from the picture. If thats the case then you can flip it the other direction and push up on it with a jack.

EDIT: My next suggestion would be just to not let Trevor drive lol.

Any successful methods of straightening a bent tie rod?

Depending the direction it needs to go. Winch and a snatch block or take it off and use a press. You might even be able to put it in a vice and slip a big pipe over it too straighten it

How is it bent? Like pushed up from the bottom? Kinda looks like it from the picture. If thats the case then you can flip it the other direction and push up on it with a jack.

EDIT: My next suggestion would be just to not let Trevor drive lol.

Depending the direction it needs to go. Winch and a snatch block or take it off and use a press. You might even be able to put it in a vice and slip a big pipe over it too straighten it

Its bent up and in.

Are we still talking about a tie rod?

I believe so and Matt you cant just flip it. Mike tried on his old 4dr because he got tired of killing a tierod everytime he went somewhere.

EDIT: if its not hitting anything Id adjust the toe right and leave it. Think of it as high clearance lol.

I believe so and Matt you cant just flip it. Mike tried on his old 4dr because he got tired of killing a tierod everytime he went somewhere.

EDIT: if its not hitting anything Id adjust the toe right and leave it. Think of it as high clearance lol.
Its hitting the PR44 diffcover just before full lock.

Aaand cue the death wobble. Fml. Broke down and bought a synergy tie rod to replace the stocker i keep bending. Got the old one off and the new one on, only to realize the stabilizer clamp bolt is too big for the stock stabilizer. I figured, if everythings dialed in right, i should be fine without one for a bit. Nope. 40 mph results in massive death wobble. Practically brand new pr44, new tie rod.... not sure where to start in the morning lol. We were headed to dinner so i just parked it. Ideas welcome

Aaand cue the death wobble. Fml. Broke down and bought a synergy tie rod to replace the stocker i keep bending. Got the old one off and the new one on, only to realize the stabilizer clamp bolt is too big for the stock stabilizer. I figured, if everythings dialed in right, i should be fine without one for a bit. Nope. 40 mph results in massive death wobble. Practically brand new pr44, new tie rod.... not sure where to start in the morning lol. We were headed to dinner so i just parked it. Ideas welcome

Stabilizer has nothing to do with DW. Check tie rod, drag link, and track bar for play. Have someone turn steering back and forth while you look for play. We're ball joints replaced with the axle?

Stabilizer has nothing to do with DW. Check tie rod, drag link, and track bar for play. Have someone turn steering back and forth while you look for play. We're ball joints replaced with the axle?
Yea i know its not the cause, but i wonder if it was hiding something...it drove fine until i swapped tierods and dropped the stabilizer. Yea prorock has new bj's, and id like to think the brand new tierod ends are good too but you never know. Gonna start disecting in the am. And fuck death wobble, that shit was crazy violent

Yea i know its not the cause, but i wonder if it was hiding something...it drove fine until i swapped tierods and dropped the stabilizer. Yea prorock has new bj's, and id like to think the brand new tierod ends are good too but you never know. Gonna start disecting in the am. And fuck death wobble, that shit was crazy violent

Yeah it really does suck. Has to be play somewhere. Could even be worn holes on the upper track bar bracket. By having someone steer back and forth, you should be able to find it. What lift are you at and is drag link flipped if you're over 3.5 inches?

Top Bottom