Introducing Luna build and adventure thread

benatc1

Hooked
Here are some pics of the fenders. the texture came trough for sure but not quite as much as I thought it would also I think after putting on the clear coat it was even less noticeable IMG_2759.JPG IMG_2760.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Been a busy couple weeks with work, but got a few things done on the Jeep this weekend. Changed oil, transmission fluid, and transfer case fluid, installed one of my Protek skids, and got some rear lights wired up. IMG_2860.JPG IMG_2864.JPG IMG_2861.JPG IMG_2862.JPG

Then today the wife and I got up real early, drove up to Rubicon Bay, hiked the “Rubicon Trail” into Emerald Bay, spent some time at the beach the finished the lap around Tahoe, will post a few pics up of that too

benatc1

Hooked
Nice. Your going to love that thing.

How do you have your lights wired? I need to get some rear lights installed.

Yea I’m excited about it.. I have the strike force zebra central command but basically just ran the wires from the lights through the frame (went into the frame on the rear wheel well, and came out in the front wheel well) to the central box. You can ground anywhere but actually ran my ground to under the hood as it was easier with pig tail length coming off the lights. One things I would do different, is run a line of sprinkler hose from under the hood to through the frame to the back of the Jeep, did this on my black Jeep for ARB lime and wires. Easier to pass and more protection.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see that you've been giving her some care and were able to pick up a Fridge Freeze. Still the best thing I've ever bought for our Jeep :thumb:

benatc1

Hooked
Nice to see that you've been giving her some care and were able to pick up a Fridge Freeze. Still the best thing I've ever bought for our Jeep :thumb:

Thanks Eddie, slowly but surely coming along, wanted to make sure she was running and driving good. Only thing I haven’t done yet is the diff fluid, which appears to have been maintained well, might wait for the winter when I either rebuild the 44s or go bigger, but will see how much use they get. ...I’m excited to have the fridge, will use the hell out of it I’m my truck during the week driving around and definitely out on the trail.

benatc1

Hooked
Took a little impromptu camping night to Buck Lake, out near the Rubicon. Wanted to get away and test my new hammock before my big trip in 2 weeks. Also wanted to be remote and Sulley some Freedom. Was a cool rocky trail going up, I was the only one around and found a bad ass camping spot on the lake, drove up the trail more this morning for some cool views. Few technical spots on the trail but was mostly just bouncing around on smaller rocks. Here are a few pics

IMG_2928.JPG IMG_2937.JPG IMG_2940.JPG IMG_2948.JPG IMG_2955.JPG IMG_2962.JPG IMG_2991.JPG IMG_2981.JPG IMG_2967.JPG

Top Bottom