Hot Springs ORV Park April 8-10

UndrPowerd

The bottom hole on the rockhard a-pillar for the passenger side is so far forward towards the 90 degree bend that I cannot get that last button head bolt to fit in there. And both the overhead splitter and dash bars are a touch short, so they are pulling in on the windshield. Now none of my tops seal up properly any more. I could probably alleviate some of that by raising the dash bar some, but it is already at least 1 3/4" above the dash. Any more than that imo would impair vision.
I may take it apart one day and try and make something to fill that extra space, but it still wouldn't fix the bolt hole location at the door frame. I will try and take pictures on Sunday when I am off work.

BamBamDeer

The bottom hole on the rockhard a-pillar for the passenger side is so far forward towards the 90 degree bend that I cannot get that last button head bolt to fit in there. And both the overhead splitter and dash bars are a touch short, so they are pulling in on the windshield. Now none of my tops seal up properly any more. I could probably alleviate some of that by raising the dash bar some, but it is already at least 1 3/4" above the dash. Any more than that imo would impair vision.
I may take it apart one day and try and make something to fill that extra space, but it still wouldn't fix the bolt hole location at the door frame. I will try and take pictures on Sunday when I am off work.

I'm putting mine back together tomorrow and I'll let you guys know how it goes!

I appreciate the info Guys!

Eezybreezy08

That sounds like a mess. Maybe you just got one that had some bad measurements. Anyways I hope you get it to work out for you. But I will still give them a try first when I go to get one

BamBamDeer

I just checked AccuWeather. They are now saying we have a chance of rain Friday and Sunday....April 8th and 11th. I am going to pack plenty of rain gear and pack food just in case there is no cooking out. It will really be trying on my Wife running around to keep that Umbrella over my head. ...lol

Eezybreezy08

Well I'm glad we have a month before we go. Otherwise I would start worrying ha. We have definitely had some rain these last couple of days. I just hope it dries up by then

BamBamDeer

Yeah...it was brought up about washing out some of the trails. It got me a little concerned..my driveway may be listed as a trail soon....lol. It has washed out bad in several places but in all fairness a lot was due to rain last year.

I usually fix Jerky and Trail mix so if it's too wet to cook I like that stuff anyway. My Wife will make a big batch of Corn Cakes so it will be good reagardless.

Eezybreezy08

Sounds like a plan. I honestly don't know what we are going to take food wise. I'm sure we will have hot dogs, sandwiches and lunchables for the kids. I'm just thinking about makin sure I do everything I can to waterproof my tent. I'm not gonna have a leak again ha

BamBamDeer

It can be miserable, especially with kids. My youngest is 10 and she is use to Daddy's misadventures by now...lol.

I will take meat to grill, farm fresh eggs for breakfast...we raise chickens...one of my favorite iron skillets. I will probably bring a camp stove in case wood is expensive....or wet. My Wife makes Corn Cakes....she puts a little vanilla and sugar for the kids. I like mine plain. I take a stack hunting....jerky and Trail mix and I am good for a few days. I will make a soup with the jerky ...meat and broth..if it is cold and I want something warm. I haven't starved yet but the Wife and Daughters are picker than I am.

I will bring some charcoal but prefer to cook over wood.

Eezybreezy08

My wife is the same when it comes to picky. I'm sure we will have plenty of food cause grandma and grandpa are coming, and they will make sure that there is always plenty of snacks. We leave it up to them for all the chip and dip things ha.
I also agree on the trail mix, great for snacking and never going hungry. Last time we all went the wife brought tuna salad. That got a little old tasting by the time the last day rolled around. I'm sure we will be cooking hotdogs on the fire. I might bring a little mini grill and we might cook some hamburgers to. No eggs though. Plus my wife and I go through them. I eat 7 at one time and she usually follows me with about 4-5 ha. So we can go through a dozen eggs a day easily ha. I might even google good camping food ha. That would be a pretty good thread. "What to take on camping trips ha"

BamBamDeer

We will try to bring plenty of eggs so you come on over and grab what you need.

Idk if you like fry bread but I will probably make some if conditions are ok. We make Indian Tacos a lot. My Wife is Tsa-la-gi (Cherokee) and I am Muscogee (Creek) so we like any excuse for Fry Bread. The kids eat it with Honey and I like it plain or used for Tacos.

I look forward to the camping and get together as much as the wheeling.

Eezybreezy08

It will be fun that's for certain. I love camping and I've been telling my wife how I want us to start doing it more.
I'm hoping we can get there fairly early Friday. We have to check the kids out of school around 1130. So we won't get there for another 3 hours later and that is as long as the baby dosent give us a fuss either. Hopefully my little man will sleep some and maybe I can get one of the kids to entertain him. He likes looking out the windows a lot. He's a busy boy. Last time we went be still couldn't walk, so I can't wait to see how he reacts to being outside for an entire weekend. He loves outside, so hopefully this will be right up his alley for fun

BamBamDeer

We will not be able to leave out until 1:30 or 2. My Daughter has worked hard for perfect attendance at school so we have to wait until they consider it a full day. She was worried about it...lol.

If your little one is walking now he will have a blast. He will also be the Star of the Show with my Daughters..17 and 10....lol. They both love the little ones.

I have always enjoyed camping. In a lot more primitive conditions than my family are use to. At 13-14 years old my Dad would drop my and my Buddies off on a Friday and Pick us up Sunday evening. We packed what we carried on out backs. No Cell Phones in those days...lol. My Kids liken it to the Dark Ages. That was the latter 70s. Times have changed
.I wouldn't get a minutes sleep if my kids were out in the woods alone...lol.

Eezybreezy08

I know that's right. You never know what people will do now a days with all the crap going on in this world now.
I used to camp out some when I was young but not as much as I would like.
I just want to make sure I get there plenty early enough, where we can get set up well before dark. I'm gonna try to talk the grandparents into leaving early. They drive slow as hell and I don't want to wait. Plus when we leave the schools, we don't want to have to stop until it's time for gas just to keep baby happy.
It needs to stop raining here so I can finish up working on these jeeps. I'm gonna get 2 nights off before we go, so hopefully that will give me enough time to finish up what I need to get done. I still have to put the wife's tire carrier on and a 3/4 spacer in the front of her jeep. I have bump stop extensions I need to get on mine and change out my rear shocks. I might change out my rear spacer to. I have a 2 in but since I put my bumper and winch on the front, it has given me some rake back instead of sitting level. So I'm still thinking about what I'm gonna do. I really need to take a pic of my jeep and put it on here. I don't even have one on my phone right now. Which I also lost a lot of pics when I changed phones

BamBamDeer

Sounds like you are getting a lot of neat stuff done.

We should be good on time. With the time change this weekend I think if we get there before 6 we should be ok. I can set my tent up in 15 minutes then with a little lighting arrange everything around. Hopefully be cooking good grub before long. I will be excited so it will be tough to get to sleep. I say that but age helps me a little there.....lol.

Sounds like you are adding goodies. I know you are ready to try them out. I am still weighing some of my directions . Based upon recommendations here I think I will go with the 3" Evo Enforcer. I think that will do everything I will ever want. I am looking at a re-gear...3.73s now. I want to go to 4.88s. The only thing stopping me now...is ....funding....lol. I still have to pay those stupid bills! I will have to move forward a little at a time. I have too many hobbies.

Eezybreezy08

I am the same way as far as having to get it little by little. I've had my jeep since 2010 and I have barely done anything to it. I would've loved to go with the enforcer but it will be a long time before I could ever go 37. So that's why I'm sticking with the leveling kit. And I was honestly surprised at how much it raised the front until I put winch and bumper ha. And I have the 4.88 which works great for my 08. Just high rpm on the highway. Maybe I should just drive sower ha. I think I will always try to do things to our jeeps every year at tax time. That is about the only time I can afford ha

BamBamDeer

Do the 4.88s work good with the 35" tires? I am planning on going with the Evo lift purely for "in the future. " I want 37s eventually but not until I upgrade my front end with a PR44. All that takes MONEY...lol. I installed the Spacer Lift. If I trim my fenders I can run 35s. I would really like the gearing done first. Most have said to go with 5.13s for the 37s. I don't know how that ratio would do with 35s and I don't know for sure I will ever make it to 37s. Every year I get a little stiffer and climbing higher gets tougher...lol.

Eezybreezy08

4.88 is plenty for me. And honestly for my wife's jeep that is a 2014, I'm gonna put 4.88 in it even with 37. I like to keep a little gas considering I don't wheel as much as other folks

BamBamDeer

I intend on quite a bit of Highway driving as well. I think I will stick to the 4.88s. If I ever go really hard core I will need to upgrade front and rear ends anyway. I don't think I will make it that far. The 4.88s should do anything I can.

I am planning on a CB install next week. Then....maybe a Stubby Bumper before our trip. I am quick to think and slow to spend. This Forum has saved me so much money.

I will probably get a new pair of sliders. A Buddy of mine bought me a set of used ones as a gift when I bought the Jeep. They don't have any markings but look like Smittybilt. I put them on. We raised the side with a hi lift and I couldn't see them flex but that's not like dropping on a rock. I don't want to hurt his feelings but if they were real good ones they would have a name on them....lol. They might be home made but idk. I would feel better putting something on with a pedigree.

Top Bottom