Favorite Quotes...From Ben Franklin Or Whomever...

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
One of my favorites, use it all the time in life, from a movie (Shawshank Redemption.).

"Get busy livin' or get busy dyin."

Have used this one in business.....from Tommy Boy

"I can take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed..."

sm31

One time when I was a kid, we were sitting in the living room of my grandmothers house and she said to me, "Get over here." I said, "Are you kidding me?" - Steven Wright

Brute

Hooked
Was just reading an article on propulsion systems for interstellar space travel and trying to find a solution that didn't require chemical propellants or electrical engines...and how so many of the underlying theories are flawed; a theoretical physicist said..."if you could levitate a cannonball in front of me, I don't care what the theory is"

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
My two favorite quotes:

I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
― Benjamin Franklin

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
― Benjamin Franklin

jesse3638

Hooked
My two favorite quotes:

I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
― Benjamin Franklin

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Sounds like Benjamin Franklin was the first pioneer in welfare reform. I think he was on to something.

Noble Woodsman

"Defeat is often temporary. Giving up makes it permanent." Marilyn son Savant

"Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must first be overcome." Samuel Johnson

"Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone." -Neale Donald Walsch

"it's not the load that breaks you down but the way you carry it."

"When a man loses purpose, that's when a man dies." -Jane Got A Gun

"good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"I put no stock in religion. By the word of religion, i have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god." Kingdom of heaven

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant." - Harlan Ellison

"Power attracts the corruptible. Suspect all those who seek it." - Frank Herbert

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred." -Einstein

"Nothing that results in human progress is achieved with unanimous consent." -Christopher Columbus

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man." Gen. Patton

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom