Detailing your jeep

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
Ironic timing for a thread bump. Just did a full exterior detail today. Including door jams, engine compartment, etc. So satisfying.

View attachment 339925

View attachment 339926

View attachment 339928

View attachment 339927

That is amazing. The engine compartment on mine wasn’t that clean when I picked it up new at the dealership.
For what it’s worth, after a good cleaning, I use Camp Dry on my interior fabric. Takes about a can and a half. The sand and dog hair sits on top a little better taking an interior vac from a 4 hour job down to 2 1/2 hours.
I’m going to look into Chemical Bros. The dogs definitely left some stink in the Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
For what it’s worth, after a good cleaning, I use Camp Dry on my interior fabric. Takes about a can and a half. The sand and dog hair sits on top a little better taking an interior vac from a 4 hour job down to 2 1/2 hours.

I just looked that stuff up. That's a good idea. I use a similar product for my boots and winter backpacking gear.

I’m going to look into Chemical Bros. The dogs definitely left some stink in the Jeep.

They are great. They even have some videos on removing pet hair.

Last edited:

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I just looked that stuff up. That's a good idea. I use a similar product for my boots and winter backpacking gear.

They are great. They even have some videos on removing pet hair.

To remove dog hair I HIGHLY recommend checking out these 2 products:

https://www.amazon.com/Fur-Zoff-Pet-Hair-Remover/dp/B07V4MQC5X

This is fantastic for the majority of carpeted areas, but it's coarse so you want to keep it away from your plastic.

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-ACC_S06-Professional-Removal/dp/B0042B4B3U

This is the brush I use closer to the plastic areas.

If you mix water to fabric softener ~3:1 and spray the carpet lightly before hand it helps release the dog hair. I spend about 45 min to an hour and can get the carpet to almost factory condition.

TheGrendel

To remove dog hair I HIGHLY recommend checking out these 2 products:

https://www.amazon.com/Fur-Zoff-Pet-Hair-Remover/dp/B07V4MQC5X

This is fantastic for the majority of carpeted areas, but it's coarse so you want to keep it away from your plastic.

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys-ACC_S06-Professional-Removal/dp/B0042B4B3U

This is the brush I use closer to the plastic areas.

If you mix water to fabric softener ~3:1 and spray the carpet lightly before hand it helps release the dog hair. I spend about 45 min to an hour and can get the carpet to almost factory condition.

cool thanks for the tip on the fabric softener. i have 2 dogs. both have hairs that love to velcro themselves to the carpet. :beer:

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
That Fur-Zoff worked great on the carpets. Especially the back of the back seats that I never seem to be able to get completely clean. I didn’t feel it worked well on my seats tho. Too abrasive. Well worth it just for the carpet tho and I haven’t even tried the fabric softener trick yet.
Thanks again guys. 🥃

Primo82

Caught the Bug
That Fur-Zoff worked great on the carpets. Especially the back of the back seats that I never seem to be able to get completely clean. I didn’t feel it worked well on my seats tho. Too abrasive. Well worth it just for the carpet tho and I haven’t even tried the fabric softener trick yet.
Thanks again guys. 🥃

I think the rubber brush would work better on the seats. I put seat covers on before my animals were aloud in the jeep, so the seats are pretty much mint. The hair doesn't embed in the covers as bad either.

WJCO

Meme King
I picked up some Waterless Wash today to try out. No bucket. No Hose. Indoors. I've never used anything like this but it's pretty cool. It comes in a spray bottle, and you spray some on your microfiber towel, spray some on the panel you're working on, and gently wipe up the dirt and dust. Then you fold your towel to have a clean edge and start the next row so that you're not dragging more dirt across the paint. Once the panel is cleaned, you take another clean microfiber towel and wipe off any remaining chemical or haze. I did the whole Jeep with no scratches so I'm happy. I don't think it saved me any time compared to a traditional wash, but for the sake of being in a warm garage or when it's snowing outside, etc. This is a nice convenient option I think.

Here's the stuff I used:

DSC06684.jpg

Here's the hood showing where it was dusty and where I cleaned:

DSC06679.jpg

DSC06681.jpg

This is the kind of stuff I was dealing with on the sides:

DSC06686.jpg

And here's the dirty towel:

DSC06682.jpg

JKbrick

I picked up some Waterless Wash today to try out. No bucket. No Hose. Indoors. I've never used anything like this but it's pretty cool. It comes in a spray bottle, and you spray some on your microfiber towel, spray some on the panel you're working on, and gently wipe up the dirt and dust. Then you fold your towel to have a clean edge and start the next row so that you're not dragging more dirt across the paint. Once the panel is cleaned, you take another clean microfiber towel and wipe off any remaining chemical or haze. I did the whole Jeep with no scratches so I'm happy. I don't think it saved me any time compared to a traditional wash, but for the sake of being in a warm garage or when it's snowing outside, etc. This is a nice convenient option I think.

Here's the stuff I used:

View attachment 340503

View attachment 340504

View attachment 340505

View attachment 340506

View attachment 340507

Would it show if you got some overspray on your soft top?

Bear_JT

Hooked

Here's the stuff I used:

View attachment 340503

View attachment 340504

View attachment 340505

View attachment 340506

View attachment 340507

That’s pretty cool it worked for you. I’ve always been curious about that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom