Detailing your jeep

TrailHunter

Hooked
I think I finally figured out how to bring JK fenders back to life. Once they get faded and stained it seems like nothing works... I put something on them and they look good for a bit... then it dries and they look like shit again. So I tried using a stiff nylon brush and rubbed some Mothers Back to Black on the fender... The brush was the ticket... I could see the dirt lifting off the fender. I did a section and let it sit in the sun all day.... and it still looks good. It's all about the Brush.

5FCF1245-8C61-4948-9D09-8F54F46BBD66.jpeg 4DD2F359-D69D-4AB2-99B0-7384D0379071.jpeg

My side windows got pretty scratched up from the mud last weekend which was a bummer... but I just happened to have some glass polish that took away a majority of the scratches with little effort. It's a good product if you have the same problem.

D2CF48ED-3BF7-4B87-950C-B92A3976ACBA.jpeg 5DDE4E12-6AD4-47E0-A0DE-BF69B0DA1998.jpeg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think I finally figured out how to bring JK fenders back to life. Once they get faded and stained it seems like nothing works... I put something on them and they look good for a bit... then it dries and they look like shit again. So I tried using a stiff nylon brush and rubbed some Mothers Back to Black on the fender... The brush was the ticket... I could see the dirt lifting off the fender. I did a section and let it sit in the sun all day.... and it still looks good. It's all about the Brush.

View attachment 382201 View attachment 382202

My side windows got pretty scratched up from the mud last weekend which was a bummer... but I just happened to have some glass polish that took away a majority of the scratches with little effort. It's a good product if you have the same problem.

View attachment 382199 View attachment 382200
Report back on the fenders in a month.

jeeeep

Hooked

View attachment 382201 View attachment 382202

View attachment 382199 View attachment 382200

when that wears off in the next couple of months, check out Eastwood Plastic Resurfacer, I'll need to get a recent pic but it's held up for several years.

Before After

fender before.jpg fender after.jpg

Jackboeker83

Just wondering what everyone is using to clean and bring the shine/black back to your undercarriage? I have seen people use lucas oil air tool oil that comes in a spray can. I have used barebones by chemical brothers and it works well but it is kinda hard to apply because it comes in a squirt bottle and you have to usually spread it with a towel to get it even. But today I had my Jeep washed and I saw him spraying EagleOne interior shine to my bumper/suspension and it looked pretty nice. Wondering what everyone else uses.

onlyone

Just wondering what everyone is using to clean and bring the shine/black back to your undercarriage? I have seen people use lucas oil air tool oil that comes in a spray can. I have used barebones by chemical brothers and it works well but it is kinda hard to apply because it comes in a squirt bottle and you have to usually spread it with a towel to get it even. But today I had my Jeep washed and I saw him spraying EagleOne interior shine to my bumper/suspension and it looked pretty nice. Wondering what everyone else uses.
Ceramic coat works best and lasts the longest. I don’t think I’ve put it on the frame but…
IMG_3236.gif

Top Bottom