BRONCO Off-Roadeo??

Yup, this ^^^

Truthfully, I think it's a good idea and one that Jeep probably never thought of being that they're so full of themselves and believe they own the off road market. While I have no interest in owning a Bronco, I have to say kudos to Ford for coming up with this.
Land Rover dealers in large markets have "Land Rover Land," a designed offroad course where they can demonstrate that their vehicle can do things that yours can't. Very effective. It's also for training the dealers and also the buyers.

I was thinking just this. From a brand and marketing view, what a cool idea. New folks are getting into off roading all the time. And Jeep could certainly lose market share over time. I guess Jeep just counts on guys like to do their work for them. 😒
Jeep will bring in new customers after all of next year's models have "electrification". They can hold Jeep plugathons!

GP NOIR

Hooked
Ha! Everyone talks about how the new Bronco has put Jeep on notice. According to an article I read sometime back that Bronco sales have cut deeper into Toyota sales than Jeep sales.

The vehicle I think will give Jeep competition is the Ineos Grenadier, especially as Jeeps get more expensive.

Last edited:
Ha! Everyone talks about how the new Bronco has put Jeep on notice. According to an article I read sometime back that Bronco sales have cut deeper into Toyota sales than Jeep sales.

The vehicle I think will give Jeep competition is the Ineos Grenadier, especially as Jeeps get more expensive.
The Grenadier is really a tourer. It's low range is half as good as the Rubicon and there is no place to put a proper winch. It will certainly cut into sales of something, particularly for those who like the classic Defender.

GP NOIR

Hooked
The Grenadier is really a tourer. It's low range is half as good as the Rubicon and there is no place to put a proper winch. It will certainly cut into sales of something, particularly for those who like the classic Defender.
In its current form, your point is dead on. The Grenadier’s biggest appeal would be to the Overlanders. But with its solid axle and optional lockers, it wouldn’t be hard to develop a version to compete directly with the Wrangler. It’d be easy for Ineos to upgrade their standard 2.5:1 transfer case to a 4:1.

The Grenadier can be ordered with a winch and winch bumper from the dealer, but without the factory winch bumper, you’re right- mounting a winch will be a headache. At least until the aftermarket catches up.

Top Bottom