Bonedoc's Sting gray JTR build.

bonedoc

I hope this post finds everyone safe and healthy. It feels like forever since I posted last. I FINALLY got around to installing my lift. Went to a friend's house Sat mid day and started the install using his lift in his garage. The kit I installed is RockKrawler's 3.0" Pro-X 'no limits' Stage 1 kit. Kit is complete and only extras I added are Synergy's heavy duty draglink, tie rod, and stabilizer relocation kit, and a complete set of EVO stainless brake lines. I haven't installed the tie rod yet because I figured I'd do that at home since my drive is only 2 miles to my alignment shop from my house. Install took my youngest son and I about 10 hours total for everything installed. Worked about 6 hours Sat afternoon/evening and 4 hours Sunday am. All parts fit and lined up well. Fit and finish is great. Hardest part was installing the rear axle cradle for the triangulated upper arms. The kit is slick and the rear is solid. I unfortunately can't comment on the ride quality yet as I haven't driven it. Still need to make sure front axle is centered, straighten steering wheel and check everything over. I had to rush out Sunday and wanted it off my friend's lift because my oldest son who is ROTC at Virginia Tech was on way home from campus when the A/C compressor in his Jeep Liberty took a dump in West Virginia. So I had to run to West Virginia and pick him and his truck up. Here are some pics of the install, finished product, and the roadkill I picked up.

Attachments

• LIFT2.jpg
    LIFT2.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 226
  • LIFT5.jpg
    LIFT5.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 227
  • LIFT7.jpg
    LIFT7.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 229
  • LIFT8.jpg
    LIFT8.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 226
  • LIFT11.jpg
    LIFT11.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 227
  • LIFT13.jpg
    LIFT13.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 225
  • LIFT15.jpg
    LIFT15.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 218
  • LIFT18.jpg
    LIFT18.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 218
  • LIFT19.jpg
    LIFT19.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 210
  • liberty1.jpg
    liberty1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 211

bonedoc

Brought my JTR home last night. Went back to my buddy's house. Tightened up the rest of the front end and aligned up the steering wheel. Was finally able to take the JTR for a ride. Definitely a noticeable feel. Very solid and stable. Haven't checked were my caster is at but I have none of that darty, squirrelly feeling in the steering wheel so it must be pretty darn close to where it should be. Was only about a 25 min ride back to my house but the smiles per mile were endless!! Very happy with how looks, rides, and handles. Next is to get my Synergy tierod on and alignment done, then my tires and wheels.

bonedoc

Installed my Synergy tierod , stabilizer relocation kit, and fox stabilizer today. Last piece of the puzzle. Truck goes in for its alignment this Tuesday, then the tires and wheels go on. Tierod and relocation kit was simple to install, only bummer was that my EVO FAD skid interfered with the tierod so I had to remove it. Ended up removing the stock stabilizer axle brackets as well. If anyone is looking for a skid, let me know. I let this one go real cheap as it is just laying around now.
I really like how much extra clearance there is under the passenger side of the axle

Attachments

• tierod1.jpg
    tierod1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 134
  • tierod2.jpg
    tierod2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 135
  • tierod3.jpg
    tierod3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 135
  • tierod4.jpg
    tierod4.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 134
  • tierod7.jpg
    tierod7.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 132
  • tierod8.jpg
    tierod8.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 133
  • tierod9.jpg
    tierod9.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 129
  • tierod5.jpg
    tierod5.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 130
  • tierod6.jpg
    tierod6.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 130

bonedoc

Got my truck alignment checked the other day and finally got my 37s on. Alignment went great. Caster angle, rear driveshaft and axle centers were dead on using the measurements RockKrawler gives you in their instructions. Toe was perfect. Thank you to Eddie, I watched your video on the Synergy Steering products and did my measurements the same way. When I installed mine I gave it a 1/16" toe in and it ended up being perfect. My alignment shop only had to adjust my steering wheel slightly. Tires are 37" Nittos on KMC KM544 wheels. Wheels are gray with black trim rings. Fits really nice, 4.5" backspacing on wheels. It has a wider stance than my JKU on 37s. I'll have to get a pic of them side by side.

Attachments

• tires5.jpg
    tires5.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 157
  • tires6.jpg
    tires6.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 160
  • tires7.jpg
    tires7.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 160
  • tires8.jpg
    tires8.jpg