Bonedoc's Sting gray JTR build.

I love the options new jeeps have for integrated winches. So much cleaner and better air flow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bonedoc

Got a few more things installed yesterday. Installed my front and rear diff covers. In case anyone is unaware. The factory 44 axles come with a reusable gasket. Works great and is a bit simpler and cleaner than using RVT. These are a lot thicker and heavier than the factory covers. Had to remove the rear swaybar to install the cover on the rear axle.
Also install a set of RockBlok mud flaps. Pretty simple to install and look and fit well. I had to modify my driver's rear bracket slightly to clear my exhaust. Simple fix. These are the original size. Figure it is worth a little extra protection and they remove easily if needed. They are not cheap but there is a bit of engineering and bracketry involved.
Installed my Tazer JL mini as well. Turned off my TPMS, love the start/stop disable. No more having to remember to shut it off. A little nerve racking installing it....LOL. Afraid I was gonna screw something up.
Next is to get my Synergy Track bar and sector shaft brace installed.

Attachments

• diffcover1.jpg
    diffcover1.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 155
  • diffcover2.jpg
    diffcover2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 154
  • diffcover3.jpg
    diffcover3.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 155
  • diffcover4.jpg
    diffcover4.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 155
  • rockblok1.jpg
    rockblok1.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 155
  • rockblok3.jpg
    rockblok3.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 153
  • rockblok4.jpg
    rockblok4.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 153
  • rockblok5.jpg
    rockblok5.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 151
  • rockblok8.jpg
    rockblok8.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 153
  • rockblok7.jpg
    rockblok7.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 154

WJCO

Meme King
Installed my front and rear diff covers. In case anyone is unaware. The factory 44 axles come with a reusable gasket. Works great and is a bit simpler and cleaner than using RVT.

Good to know. One less thing to buy if the cover is off.

bonedoc

Got my Synergy Tracbar and Sector shaft brace installed this morning. Very straight forward. Installation would definitely be easier on a lifted jeep. With mine still at stock height it is tight under the front end. It did help to droop the front axle when the tire is off and tracbar and swaybar disconnected. I put another jackstand under the frame and dropped the axle down and that helped as well. Hardest part was removing the OEM sector shaft nut. Had to put a little Map gas on it and heat it up a little. Then it spun right off. Torqueing it is easier with both tires on the ground to help keep wheels from pivoting. Everything lined up good. It is a very tight fitting bracket so if some holes are a little off just shake it around or tighten a bolt here or there to align them. Then loosen it back up as there is a tightening sequence to the bolts. Once it is done you won't even know it is there...LOL.

Attachments

• synergy1.jpg
    synergy1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 195
  • synergy2.jpg
    synergy2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 195
  • synergy3.jpg
    synergy3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 195

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is there an advantage in using different differential covers?

In my opinion, not really. Some people will try and tell you how factory covers can peel back and cause a leak but the simple solution to that is to grind the lip on the base of it so that once installed, it sits above the base of your diff housing. Smashing into a rock will cause it to cave in and so that's a legit concern but depending on where you wheel and how you wheel, a lot of that can be prevented with good driving and or spotting.

With that said, aftermarket diff covers look cool and are relatively cheap and because of it, they make nice stocking stuffers or affordable gifts. :yup:

Not a stocking stuffer, but here’s my new rear cover after I peeled my stock one back (should have ground the lip off). I will say that a quick few taps with a flathead and hammer got me home w minimal leaking. Welds on the new one were too cool looking to paint.
IMG_7243.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom