Bonedoc's Sting gray JTR build.

bonedoc

Installed my Warn Interrupter Switch for my winch today. Also removed the end caps of my front bumper to make it into a stubby. Going on vacation with my wife tomorrow so will have to wait till I return to install my winch.

Attachments

• stubby1.jpg
    stubby1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 211
  • warn switch1.jpg
    warn switch1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 209
  • warn switch2.jpg
    warn switch2.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 209
  • warn switch3.jpg
    warn switch3.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 207

twopullupeddie

Installed my MBRP Pro series exhaust today. Fit perfect, sounds great. This exhaust is about half the weight of the factory system and it fits much higher and tighter into the frame.

Did you have to do any ECU flashing for that exhaust. It doesn't look like you need to, just curious? You just created a little itch that may need to be scratched ...

I like how you are taking care of all the little things that experience shows that you need. I just went straight to the feel goods, lift, wheels and tires! :D :driving:

bonedoc

Did you have to do any ECU flashing for that exhaust. It doesn't look like you need to, just curious? You just created a little itch that may need to be scratched ...

I like how you are taking care of all the little things that experience shows that you need. I just went straight to the feel goods, lift, wheels and tires! :D :driving:

No computer flashing for the exhaust. No issues, lights, CELs, etc. It sounds good. I'm happy with it. I like the Corsa exhaust too, sounds really nice. But like most of them, they either exit as duals out the back or a large single exit on driver's side the to me is just waiting to be smashed. I like that this one tucks up nice and high into the frame and has no tailpipe to crush either.

bonedoc

Looking great. Did you see positive impact of k&n? Wondering if I could leverage those lights in bed of truck. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sorry my response is delayed. Just got back from Jamaica with the wife.
I honestly can't say if there is a huge difference noticed. My JTR only has 400 miles on it. None with me really getting on it. I have systems on all my vehicles and was always happy with them.
It definitely adds to the sound. Combined with the exhaust I'd like to say it is, only I definitely can say is it sounds MUCH better.
As for the lights. I'm sure you could use them in the bed. The cyclones are made to be used anywhere. KC does kits for rock lights with them, they are very tough units.

bonedoc

Couple questions I'm hoping you guys can help me with. I purchased Dana Advantek Diff covers for my front and rear axles. Want to put them on but can't find gaskets except at dealership for almost 50.00 a piece. I heard the diff covers have a reusable lubelocker style gasket. Is that true? Anyone confirm that?
Next, what would you guys recommend for in the axles? I have elockers so no limited slip additive needed. How much is needed for both axles?

Thanks

WJCO

Meme King
Couple questions I'm hoping you guys can help me with. I purchased Dana Advantek Diff covers for my front and rear axles. Want to put them on but can't find gaskets except at dealership for almost 50.00 a piece. I heard the diff covers have a reusable lubelocker style gasket. Is that true? Anyone confirm that?
Next, what would you guys recommend for in the axles? I have elockers so no limited slip additive needed. How much is needed for both axles?

Thanks

This covers the fluid (I'm assuming JLR and JTR have identical axles) but doesn't mention the cover gasket:

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...fferential-Fluid-Change-How-to-do-it-Yourself

bonedoc

Alright. Got another item done and installed today. Installed my winch plate and winch today. Was fairly smooth and straight forward. For me, I take my time and try not to rush it and install it correctly and neatly. All was fine except for 2 simple things. First, I think my truck was built on a Friday after 4pm....LOL. I found several fasteners missing on it when I removed my end caps and today when I removed it for the winch install. Not a big deal was able to source replacements but just makes you go Hmmm. They were all in places you would not see unless under truck or when caps are removed. Second, my winch did not include hardware to mount the fairlead. Simple enough fix. Drove to hardware store and sourced a pair of 1/2" bolts, washers, and stainless cap nuts to finish it off.

Only issue I has was when I tightened up my winch brackets after the bumper was re-installed. I Magilla Gorilla'd one of the skid plate brackets bolts to hard and felt the frame insert let loose a bit. Still holding solid, don't think it is an issue to worry about, but note to self...easy on the bar or the button...LOL.

Pulled the wires through, ran them under the airbox up to battery. I could of still might shorten the negative line as I could take off about a foot and a half. Left it for now and secured it. Will see if it bothers me down the road. I had a Factor 55 flatlink. Not sure if I like it or not. May change it out for the original hook. I had also ordered a Warn cover for the winch...yeah...not getting that thing on...lol. Sending that back...lol

Attachments

• winch2.jpg
    winch2.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 146
  • winch3.jpg
    winch3.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 145
  • winch4.jpg
    winch4.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 144
  • winch6.jpg
    winch6.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 141
  • winch7.jpg
    winch7.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 141
  • winch10.jpg
    winch10.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 140
  • winch11.jpg
    winch11.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 140
  • winch12.jpg
    winch12.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 140
  • winch13.jpg
    winch13.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 139
  • winch14.jpg
    winch14.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 140

wjtstudios

Hooked
I like the look of the red flat link. It matches the rest of the details on the front bumper. [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom