Are People Really Buying WAYALIFE Decals from eBay, etsy, Bonanza, etc??

mcgyvr

The thing with copyright/trademark/patents is that they are useless if you can't/won't do anything when they are needed.

JAGS

Hooked
The thing with copyright/trademark/patents is that they are useless if you can't/won't do anything when they are needed.

Yup, they are difficult, or rather, expensive should you actually have to try and enforce.

Though usually an attorney letter stating to cease works.

USMC Wrangler

So, I have to ask, are any of you guys actually buying these decals from this thief? Certainly, I hold no ill will toward you - I just want to know why you would. Clearly, you may not have known that we sell our copyrighted decals exclusively and that thieves live this are not associated with us.

Big fat negative! All my decals have come from your store, to support the one who created them and to support the community here. The lack of integrity these types still boggles my mind! :furious3:

JAGS

Hooked
WTF!! I just started to look around on eBay, etsy, Amazon and Bonanza and found a whole host of thieves ripping me off. I just added a handful of screen shots to my first post. :naw:

Just looked at the update, so many soccer moms. They find these images on google images and think cool, free. Common sense is beyond some folks! What sucks even more is you having to waste your time searching and then contacting these folks/websites.

toxicwaste29

Could look at it this way and see that you are so popular and "awesome" in their eyes they have to copy the decals to try fitting in rather than buying through you for some reason.

Notsodirtyhippie

The decals aren't expensive through the app. I could understand it if they were drastically more expensive than the knock offs but they're not. I'm about to order some. I like this forum so I want to show my support to the forum and that support is also through the $ generated through sales. I hate it when good people get shafted by assholes.

Wethy

What doesn't make sense to me is that people either need to have these decals made. Or own a vinyl cutter. So at most they'd only be making 1-4 dollars if they're paying someone else to cut them. To me that wouldn't even be worth the hassle of going through all that trouble! Sorry you have to go through this Eddie! And my decals came from your store. The only way to go.

pop2tu

That is crazy, I can't believe how many thieves are robbing you Blind! I get told about twice a month that my wayalife banner is cool, then they ask what it means. Some people are just clueless about this forum. I will be needing a new windshield banner soon after I get a new windshield it will be ordered through here.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Unreal how many copies there are out there, I know I saw some of the JK box decals before but never gave it a 2nd thought. I can see people that wouldnt know, but why would you buy a banner from some random guy not even knowing what it means.

Scrambler

Unreal how many copies there are out there, I know I saw some of the JK box decals before but never gave it a 2nd thought. I can see people that wouldnt know, but why would you buy a banner from some random guy not even knowing what it means.

It's funny that you say that. My wife and I were riding on one of the N. GA forest service roads and passed a Jeep running a WAL banner. I flagged the guy down to say hello and ask what his forum name was. His reply: What's a forum? :doh: Dumbfounded, we drove off. I believe that people see these banners on social media or around town and think, "That shit looks cool. I should order one." So they go to their favorite online retailer service and find someone selling these knockoffs. It's just hard to believe that someone wouldn't do a simple google search to see what WAL was before they slapped a sticker on their Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone, Cindy and I really do appreciate your support. Even out in Moab, we've seen a few counterfeit JK decals and we know they're fakes because we don't offer them in the size or surrounding designs that we've seen. I've gone through and contacted the online retail sites in question and so far etsy and Bonanza have been on top of things and were quick to remove the items in question. Amazon and eBay are another story and I have a feeling it's going to take more work on my behalf to get them to help us out. :rolleyes2:

mcgyvr

I would suggest watermarking ANY/ALL images for products that are being sold to attempt to prevent image theft

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would suggest watermarking ANY/ALL images for products that are being sold to attempt to prevent image theft

The logo these thieves are selling IS our watermark. :crazyeyes:

He has and always does. You wouldn't believe the fuckers that have cropped it out in the past.

Cropped out and as you've seen, a few have even gone so far as to photochop our windshield banner out. :rolleyes2:

rinkishjk

He has and always does. You wouldn't believe the fuckers that have cropped it out in the past.

I can't tell u how many different times I have seen Eddie's front end picture, identifying all the components, with the project jk cut off the bottom.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Who knew there were so many Bernie Sanders supporters into jeep JKs. :idontknow:

Top Bottom