ARB Fridge/Freezer

camping350

ARB Fridge with Tuffy Rear Deck

Any more mounting option pics of people with fridge and tufty rear deck. And pics of the mods to the tufty rear deck?

KenB1010

When I did my rear deck, I looked at the tuffy but I decided that it would be too much work and expense to incorporate the ARB frig into the install. Instead I used a variation of the $48 cargo trunk http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/homemade-rear-cargo-trunk-$48-37533/

I strapped the frig to an AT frig slide with I spec'ed to include the stove and installed it directly to the floor of the jeep. This gave me a frig and stove that would slide out and was low enough for both myself and my wife to still reach.

I did a search for photos, but unfortunately this was all I could find.

IMG_2492.jpg IMG_2767.jpg

Aztecon

When I did my rear deck, I looked at the tuffy but I decided that it would be too much work and expense to incorporate the ARB frig into the install. Instead I used a variation of the $48 cargo trunk http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/homemade-rear-cargo-trunk-$48-37533/

I strapped the frig to an AT frig slide with I spec'ed to include the stove and installed it directly to the floor of the jeep. This gave me a frig and stove that would slide out and was low enough for both myself and my wife to still reach.

I did a search for photos, but unfortunately this was all I could find.

View attachment 114410 View attachment 114411

Any pics of your set up?

Bumping this up to see if anyone has mounted an ARB on the driver's side in the back of their JKU. I am finally mid install on my ORV Stealth Shelf and would like to keep it on the driver's side but I'm not sure it will fit with the gate hump. (Also my rear sears are slightly reclined.)

IMG_20150405_145236912.jpg

I'm also torn on a 37QT or 50QT. Most of our wheeling are day/weekend trips. We usually stay in a hotel overnight. In fact, the only time I am planning on camping this year is when we do the Rubicon. Also, we tend to eat lunch meat and other simple things that pack light. So, its really only our drinks that we keep cool.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Worth the extra money for the 50. Being higher and seat tilted, I'm not sure. I can move mine and check

Worth the extra money for the 50. Being higher and seat tilted, I'm not sure. I can move mine and check

It's not really about the money, more the space. I really didn't want the fridge to sit higher than the seat back... That would be awesome. I plan on making an order today.

jkbarnett

Really happy with my 37qt. It's the same width and length but 3" shorter in height. Makes it a lot easier to get stuff out when it's inside the jeep. It has worked fine for the two of us when on camping trips. I just add more beverages to the cooler in the morning leaving room for the grub.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Negative, it's close as it is without raising it and seat tilted back. Good idea though.

Negative, it's close as it is without raising it and seat tilted back. Good idea though.

It looks like it would fit on the passenger side... My OCD wanted the weight on the opposite side of the gas tank. (Not that I think this matters that much in reality, but for some reason it does in my mind. :crazyeyes: )

MTG

Caught the Bug
Bumping this up to see if anyone has mounted an ARB on the driver's side in the back of their JKU. I am finally mid install on my ORV Stealth Shelf and would like to keep it on the driver's side but I'm not sure it will fit with the gate hump. (Also my rear sears are slightly reclined.)

I'm also torn on a 37QT or 50QT. Most of our wheeling are day/weekend trips. We usually stay in a hotel overnight. In fact, the only time I am planning on camping this year is when we do the Rubicon. Also, we tend to eat lunch meat and other simple things that pack light. So, its really only our drinks that we keep cool.

I plan to run mine on the drivers side. I try to take a look tomorrow and see if it will interfere with the seats and that shelf, which by the way it pretty cool. I assume that is your concern anyway? :idontknow:

I plan to run mine on the drivers side. I try to take a look tomorrow and see if it will interfere with the seats and that shelf, which by the way it pretty cool. I assume that is your concern anyway? :idontknow:

Yea, between the seats that are slightly reclined and the shelf causing the cooler to sit higher. It forces the cooler to sit far enough back that it looks like the tail gate handle hump will hit it.

Thanks on the shelf!

Clem319

Sorry to hijack but how do you like that shelf? It looks really cool. Does it lift up if needed?

I just pulled the trigger on an 37QT ARB. Hopefully it isn't a mistake. I made a cardboard box the size of a 50, and it was higher than I thought my son or wife could get into without climbing in. I am pretty certain it will not go exactly where I want without some trickery.... I will update once I have it.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I just pulled the trigger on an 37QT ARB. Hopefully it isn't a mistake. I made a cardboard box the size of a 50, and it was higher than I thought my son or wife could get into without climbing in. I am pretty certain it will not go exactly where I want without some trickery.... I will update once I have it.

Sounds like you've already decided. Here is a shot of the clearance on the drivers side. The front is touching the tailgate.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428437343.847900.jpg

Top Bottom