ALL ELECTRIC Jeep Recon... Thoughts??

Jeep Recon - Love It or Hate It?

• LOVE IT - Take my money Jeep!!

Votes: 8 7.9%
  • HATE IT - Guess I won't be buying a new Jeep in the future

Votes: 62 61.4%
  • Looks like a Bronco and Cherokee had sex but I could see me driving one

Votes: 30 29.7%
  • Saving the planet is a priority of mine and I will for sure buy one just for that

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

woof359

did they mention a price ? the 2 door Sport is already out of my family's price range .. last one we bought,,,,,,,,, new.,,,,,but, after checking on 2022 price's we had to settle for a used low milage one

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the pics, it'd be hard for me not to imagine the Recon being an IFS/IRS vehicle. Would that be a deal breaker for you?

Also, looking at the fenders, I'm gonna guess it'll be somewhat harder to run bigger tires the way you can on a Wrangler. Is the ability to mod your Jeep important to you?

Bierpower

Hooked
Looking at the pics, it'd be hard for me not to imagine the Recon being an IFS/IRS vehicle. Would that be a deal breaker for you?

Also, looking at the fenders, I'm gonna guess it'll be somewhat harder to run bigger tires the way you can on a Wrangler. Is the ability to mod your Jeep important to you?
The solid axle simplicity and the abundance of available mods is the only reason I have the jeep. If they continue down this road and phase out gas vehicles I'll be getting an good welder and a tube bender and making my own vehicles.

Boudain

Being able to mod a jeep is probably the biggest reason many choose to drive them. I love the recon and think it’ll be a great vehicle. I don’t think it’s a replacement for the Wrangler but it’s definitely a harbinger of the future. Hopefully Wrangler continues to be a part of that.

Now come on Jeep and make the Magneto 2.0 real!!!

TrailHunter

Hooked

Production built IFS blows.. and never leaves room for much improvement… or the ability to bring it up to Straight Axle strength levels. Modding our Jeeps is Extremely important. It’s why we are here… with you… on this Forum. We feed off each others Mods.. we Learn.. we Build... we Wheel.

Tixslam

I live 8 hours from Big Bend, 3 hours away from Hidden falls. I won't even mention Colorado or Utah. If this is my only choice I will be forced out of the Jeep game. I assume that is their plan. KEEP THEM jeep

AZVAJKU

Hooked
If it has IFS and is non-mod-able I could not see myself buying one. I’ll just continue to drive what I have. This is another reason I bought the 392, most new vehicles are probably really going to suck in the coming years. 🤬

1662668664127.jpeg

Last edited:
You all forget, that the gubbermunt doesn’t want us out in the wilds wheeling to begin with. They already have initiatives for closing lands to off-road recreation and such and I’m sure it’ll get worse sooner than we think. Why have off-road capable rigs when we’re supposed to move into the big cities and drive electric vehicles only to and from work. Modding? Hell, IRL there’s places that already have bans on working on your vehicle and probably some that ban the modding of them too. I’ll bet they go as far as treating ICE vehicles like guns, with bans on “pre-cursor” parts, ban on private party sales and red flag laws where they encourage people to call the “authorities” if you see someone in a modded vehicle. Yeah, I’m kinda having a bad day… lmao

F6EF4114-3C99-46AD-8408-88905F893F5C.jpeg

Yea I guess it looks okay, it really does look like a Bronco Sport mix. However, I am still not getting one, reason they are still no way you can get rid of emissions, someone has to dig up the material to make those batteries which also takes a lot of entergy to do. In my opinion just will be short with this. Gas powered vehicles are still better than. Yea you might get more power, however it runs on Software, and in the end that Software has a shelf life and if your EV cannot take the newest Software update, guess what you have to spend the money to go get a new EV Vehicle. It is the same thing with a smart phone, they cannot one get some mean software updates till the hardware is no longer supported, same with your laptop and desktop computers then you put it out to pasture and go get a new one. Gas powered, I can fix, get a a new motor or trans and change some parts out and keep going....

89PWRRAM

Every year and Iv'e already heard it on the local news here down in deep South Texas close to Galveston....Is that we need to conserve energy and play with our thermostat's. This is to avoid rolling blackout's to keep the power grid from going down. So I'm sorry. Like other's have commented. The existing power grid is already to weak to handle this go green political mumbo jumbo. Gasoline and diesel will always be the way to go and we will never be able to stop using that energy. If car manufacturer's want to tank there businesses. Do away with gasoline engines new car's and put nothing but electric car's on the lot. You will hear nothing but crickets. You would have to mandate everyone to have a natural gas generator on there homes....and you would have to fire that up to charge your car daily.

PAS

So, if you haven't heard, Jeep just announced the plan for the future and... you guessed it, it involves their entire line up being electrified by 2025. And, I won't lie, I kinda like the Wagoneer S as it's been designed from the ground up to be something a Tesla owner might want. It's sleek, sexy and is supposed to clear 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. But, for the purposes of this post, I'd like to focus on the all new Recon. Clearly, this new model is designed with enough similarities of a Wrangler that it just might be a replacement for it or at the very least, something that will become the new flagship for Jeep. And, that's what I was hoping to get your 2¢ on. I would love to hear what you think about what you're seeing and hearing.

The All-new Jeep Recon: 100% Jeep; 100% Zero Emission
One of the first all-new electric SUVs that will launch in North America is the Jeep Recon.

This all-new vehicle is aimed at those who love to explore extreme adventures in near silence with a rugged, fully electric vehicle package.

The Jeep Recon is designed from the ground up to be 100% Jeep 4x4 and 100% zero emission. This SUV will be offered exclusively as a BEV, and it will enhance off-roading adventures with:

• True trail-rated capability with Jeep Selec-Terrain traction management system, e-locker axle technology, under-body protection, tow hooks and aggressive off-road tires
  • Authentic Jeep open-air freedom with a one-touch powertop, removable doors and glass 
  • The latest generation Uconnect system, including detailed travel guides of the most notable off-road trails
“The all-new, all-electric Jeep Recon has the capability to cross the mighty Rubicon Trail, one of the most challenging off-road trails in the U.S., and reach the end of the trail with enough range to drive back to town and recharge,” said Meunier.

This global SUV will be displayed to the public next year and production will start in 2024 in North America. Customers in the U.S. will be able to make a reservation for the new Jeep Recon BEV SUV in early 2023. The Jeep Recon will be sold in major markets around the world, including Europe.

View attachment 379181
View attachment 379183
View attachment 379184
View attachment 379185
View attachment 379186

Obviously, there were other models like the Wagoneer S that Jeep highlighted but the Avenger will be a European only model and really, I think the Recon is what most of us would be interested in. So again, I'd love to know what you think about it :)
I think it’s gorgeous. It’s definitely designed to compete closer to the Bronco. I find it so comical, ive lived through the CJ, YJ, JK and now JL and every time a new Jeep comes out we always bash it as something new and not good enough, and every time we are wrong. They only get better as the technology gets better. I look forward to seeing it in the wild.

Lperdue

Like others have said but it reminds me of the bronco sport but it could also be a smaller hummer h3 look alike

Attachments

• EE3B8C0C-6505-4B77-83DA-1CA33E79CA6A.jpeg
    EE3B8C0C-6505-4B77-83DA-1CA33E79CA6A.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 8
  • DC6371FB-C5AE-46C3-A9F9-386BFBE0BF48.jpeg
    DC6371FB-C5AE-46C3-A9F9-386BFBE0BF48.jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 8

fachidsey0144

I have to agree with many of the comments here. They talk about green energy like we still don’t run on coal or something.

as for an electric vehicle on the trial, I just don’t think it is sustainable, currently, many of the recharge systems run from brakes spinning wheels etc, because wheeling is slow, this charging route is rendered useless, I don’t think solar is going to cut it just yet. So then what do you do when you are out of power.

the aspect of the torque that is produced from electric could be cool, but you still have to effectively put the power to ground.

I certainly hope that Jeep sticks with its roots here, because lastly, I think that thing is ugly

IFS = not a Jeep

Tight wheel wells that tires don’t fit into = not a Jeep

Fancy grilles and spaceship contour lines = not a Jeep

if all electric is the future, they better figure out how to make a f*cking Wrangler.

This is the most disappointed I’ve been in a long time.

Top Bottom