After Almost 30 Years...

TrailHunter

Hooked
LOL - and the drama continues!

Finally got an email from Asurion, the insurance company and it stated that I needed to call them. And I have to say, this is so fuckin annoying being that I already know this means they're denying my claim but are making me sit through automated message after automated message telling me how fast and easy it is to use their website to get things done and then wait and wait and wait some more to finally talk to someone! Anyway, I get to a gal named Antoinette and she's nice but ultimately tells me... wait for it... tells me that my claim has been denied - SURPRISE!!

So, what's the deal this time? Well, she said that my phone hasn't had any air time since it had gotten insured - essentially, the same shit that I got the last time around. I explained this wasn't true and that if they looked, they will see that I have made and received a number of calls including ones to Asurion. To this, she said that the adjuster looked at my previous claim and just went off of that. After trying to encourage her to have them check again, I also reminded her that my phone had ALWAYS BEEN INSURED since the day I bought it 2 years ago and that the ONLY THING that changed, was the phone number associated with it. I explained what the previous number was and surprisingly, she was actually able to see that on her computer!! With this, she asked me to explain why I made the number change and after getting a better understanding of things, she put me on hold so that she could speak to an adjuster. When she came back, she asked me to verify that my broken phone still works and can receive calls and texts and I let her know, YES! She asked me for the IMEI number and gave that to her and sent me a 6 digit code to verify my account and I did that and... then told me that I could now submit a new claim but with today's date. Apparently, this will allow the adjusters to see the on air activity on my phone and allow the claim to go through.

With all that said, this is the furthest I've gotten with these guys and I'm actually kind of starting to think that things may finally work out if only because, this is the first time that I've been told that I would have to PAY some money to receive a replacement phone - a $248 deductible :rolleyes:

Oh, and once again, Antoinette made sure to try and sell me on the complete home device insurance thing to which I promptly told her NO. When she asked why, I explained that if they didn't cover my phone, there was no way I was going to pay for more of their useless insurance.
Is Asurion different from Apple Care?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Surprise! The drama still continues 🤪

After talking to Antoinette, I thought things would be finally get taken care of but... WRONG! After getting an email letting me know that I'd been approved and that I just needed to pay my deductible, I went to the Asurion website, started the process, followed the instructions and all of a sudden... the website timed out. Weird. Needless to say, I tried starting the process over again but this time, there was no means to continue with my claim - as in, I needed to make a call :rolleyes:

So, I made yet ANOTHER call and after going through all the same BS before finally getting to a human, I was told that my claim was declined - AGAIN! When I asked why, I was told that I didn't have any air time on my phone. Literally, the same stupidness that I was told from the get go. When I tried explaining the situation and how I was already approved, I was essentially told to pound sand. And, this is when I asked, for the first time if there was maybe someone else I could talk to.

Enter... the adjuster. Apparently, management of the person responsible for approving or denying claims. As I had already done countless times before, I explained the situation, explained how I have ALWAYS been paying for insurance on my phone, since the day I got it and how the ONLY thing that changed was the phone number. To this, the adjuster told me that they looked into this and saw the number change but that the number in question didn't coincide with a phone that had my previous number. WTF?? But, thinking back, I remembered that the guy at Verizon was having trouble switching my number but ultimately figured out how to do it by using a different phone to create a new number and then just swapping sim chips. I explained this to the adjuster and while she said it made sense, she said that it would need file yet another claim and that it wold be looked into. :rolleyes:

Well, all that was Saturday and it's been well over 24 hours, the time they said it would take to look into this and here I am on Monday morning and I still have not heard from them. What do you bet I need to call AGAIN and only to find out, I've been declined. :(

TrailHunter

Hooked
Yes. It's what Verizon offers. Apple Care is what they offer if you buy a phone through them.
Makes sense.. I’ve learned its better to buy apple products from an apple store. They would have given you a new phone on the spot. I went through this with an iPad I had bought at Best Buy.. and thats what the apple employee told me. They really shouldn't sell shit elsewhere if you have to go through so many hoops. Total BS.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
That sucks Eddie!

My iPhone 8 has a cracked screen that is held together by the screen protector. It still works but is so full of pictures and crap that it keeps off loading files to iCloud. The right side of the screen is messed up so the touch feature is faulty. I really need a new phone but I just can’t bring myself to buy one for this exact reason. I’ll probably just break the new one and then be even more pissed off than I already am. I keep putting off getting a new one but at some point I’ll need to do it.

Maybe I can make last until 2023….. 🤔

🤣😂

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's now Tuesday and 72 hours since Asurion was supposed to get back to me with in 3 hours. Apparently, they've put me in a insurance purgatory and with no end in sight. I haven't been able to use my phone or effectively anyway for about a week now and I really need to start moving forward. I'm sure this is what the insurance company is waiting for me to do but... I'm giving up. I'll just take the loss and order something new. Fucking sucks to no end.

JimLee

Hooked
Years ago I started buying phones unlocked directly from the manufacturer, I then get a SIM card from straight talk and use the Verizon network for only $35 a month each line. It's only 10 gig of data but we don't use that much anyway, and you can get higher plans in $10 increments. For my wife's phones she gets the apple care (she likes the i-garbage) when we get her a new phone and I get insurance through Samsung when I buy a new phone. No bullshit carriers to deal with. I have to buy a new "plan" each month but it's worth the 5 minutes.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After a week of dealing with complete and total BULLSHIT from Asurion, I finally gave up and got me a new iPhone 14 Pro.

IMG_3952.JPG

Have you guys seen the MASSIVE size of the 3 camera lenses? They make the phone look like a LEGO block! IMG_3953.JPG

Of course, I promptly shit canned ALL our insurance plans being that I know now they would never honor them.

Anyway, I'm back and connected again LOL

After a week of dealing with complete and total BULLSHIT from Asurion, I finally gave up and got me a new iPhone 14 Pro.

View attachment 379835

Have you guys seen the MASSIVE size of the 3 camera lenses? They make the phone look like a LEGO block! View attachment 379840

Of course, I promptly shit canned ALL our insurance plans being that I know now they would never honor them.

I'd be having a drink after all that as well haha Glad you are back in action!

Years ago I started buying phones unlocked directly from the manufacturer, I then get a SIM card from straight talk and use the Verizon network for only $35 a month each line. It's only 10 gig of data but we don't use that much anyway, and you can get higher plans in $10 increments. For my wife's phones she gets the apple care (she likes the i-garbage) when we get her a new phone and I get insurance through Samsung when I buy a new phone. No bullshit carriers to deal with. I have to buy a new "plan" each month but it's worth the 5 minutes.

What in the trap house kinda fuckery is that?

JAGS

Hooked
I dropped my iPhone at the airport many years back. Cracked the screen and not the way to start a vacation in Maui. I found a local spot to replace the glass and was good as new in a couple hours. (Pick Leo up after a Costco shopping trip). Hopefully you can just replace the glass in similar fashion and finds a local biz to do just that.

JimLee

Hooked
What in the trap house kinda fuckery is that?
The kind that saves me money, gets me better phones (that will work on any carrier I chose)with sim slots and memory exapnsion that I can use all over the world, and unenslaves me from the bullshit big carriers and their preinstalled bloatware. It may not be for everyone, but the 10 year old Samsung I'm typing on, which still runs fine, has cost me far less that any "get a new (locked and not full featured) phone every two years!" never ending lease plan. Like I said, it may not be for everyone, but I dig it.

Last edited:
The kind that saves me money, gets me better phones (that will work on any carrier I chose)with sim slots and memory exapnsion that I can use all over the world, and unenslaves me from the bullshit big carriers and their preinstalled bloatware. It may not be for everyone, but the 10 year old Samsung I'm typing on, which still runs fine, has cost me farr less that any "get a new (locked and not full featured) phone every two years!" neverending lease plan. Like I said, it may not be for everyone, but I dig it.
68AFD4DD-9BD3-4E81-827F-5409AC566830.jpeg

Trail Bud

Hooked

View attachment 379835

Have you guys seen the MASSIVE size of the 3 camera lenses? They make the phone look like a LEGO block! View attachment 379840

You should keep going after them and get the phone replaced, sell it to recover some cost.

I like the Lego block comparison.

Top Bottom