After Almost 30 Years...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Lol I did the same thing years ago. Luckily I had one of the glass screen protectors and only that cracked. The iPhone screen was fine.

jeeeep

Hooked
with hands full, I put stuff on the tires or bumper, get distracted and drive off.

So far, only tools and drinks have been the casualties

Recently went to the hardware store and noticed the blue towel roll and tool bag I had left on the bumper after I put them there to remember to take them in the house. Aging sucks 🤦‍♂️

Dang that sucks.
Back when the iPhones were new. I broke the case back somehow on my iphone3. Walked into an apple store and they handed me a brand new or refurbished phone for free and zero questions.
I wish apple would go back to that customer service. Now just to get in the store you need an appointment and have some dumb bastard who tripped into an open tackle box talk in a condescending way. Or at least that’s how they all are around apple HQ.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dang that sucks.
Back when the iPhones were new. I broke the case back somehow on my iphone3. Walked into an apple store and they handed me a brand new or refurbished phone for free and zero questions.
I wish apple would go back to that customer service. Now just to get in the store you need an appointment and have some dumb bastard who tripped into an open tackle box talk in a condescending way. Or at least that’s how they all are around apple HQ.
After Steve Jobs died, everything changed and in my opinion, not for the better. I really do hate going into the Apple stores just for the reasons you stated. For better or for worse, I got my current phone thru Verizon so I'm hoping they'll help me out. So far, I tried filing an online claim and got an error - please try again later :rolleyes:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Damn that sucks. Luckily Iv never ran over my phone just dropped it a few times. Had the glass protector on it so it was good. Hopefully Verizon takes care of it for you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just thought I'd post an update regarding my smashed phone. As some of you know, I recently got a new number to reflect where live (this as opposed to socal where I used to live) and since that time, I had not made a phone call or talked to someone who had called me. Because of the new number, the company who provides insurance denied my claim essentially stating that my phone didn't work. Never mind that I have used it to send and or receive texts, phone calls is what they wanted to see because clearly, that's the only purpose of a phone these days. :rolleyes: Anyway, I asked if I made a call and or talked to someone using my phone, would they accept my claim and they did say they would review it again. As luck would have it, in spite of all the damage, my phone does still work and so that's what I did. I called Cindy, I had her call me and I even called the insurance company and then I filed a new claim. Hoping they'll honor it this time especially being that I've been paying into it for as many years as I've owned an iPhone.

I won't hold my breath but... wish me luck.

Just thought I'd post an update regarding my smashed phone. As some of you know, I recently got a new number to reflect where live (this as opposed to socal where I used to live) and since that time, I had not made a phone call or talked to someone who had called me. Because of the new number, the company who provides insurance denied my claim essentially stating that my phone didn't work. Never mind that I have used it to send and or receive texts, phone calls is what they wanted to see because clearly, that's the only purpose of a phone these days. :rolleyes: Anyway, I asked if I made a call and or talked to someone using my phone, would they accept my claim and they did say they would review it again. As luck would have it, in spite of all the damage, my phone does still work and so that's what I did. I called Cindy, I had her call me and I even called the insurance company and then I filed a new claim. Hoping they'll honor it this time especially being that I've been paying into it for as many years as I've owned an iPhone.

I love it, way to use their stupid rules against them. Lol

WJCO

Meme King

I bet that agent previously worked in underwriting for home loans.

Top Bottom