After Almost 30 Years...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As hard as it may be to believe, I've never caused noticeable damage from a drop, never cracked or scratched a screen, never plopped one in a toilet or water of any kind and certainly, never lost a cell phone in almost 30 years. Today, that all changed when I placed my phone on my 42" Nitto Trail Grappler, loaded up Ripley and then promptly ran over it when I completely spaced out and forgot that I left it there. 🤦‍♂️

IMG_3876.JPG

Can't believe the thing still works... sort of 🤪

CalSgt

Hooked
Man that sucks, but you had one hell of a run for not damaging one.

I got my first hand-me-down bag phone in 1996 and managed to make it until last years Moab trip where I did the same thing. I was using it as a timer while I aired up at the end of a long day doing the Triple Threat and left it on the last tire as I coiled up my hose. I was super embarrassed having to ask a buddy to call my phone as I hauled ass back to where we aired up.

Insurance sent me a refurbished phone after paying the deductible... I ran that one over after airing up on my last Moon Rocks trip.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man that sucks, but you had one hell of a run for not damaging one.

I got my first hand-me-down bag phone in 1996 and managed to make it until last years Moab trip where I did the same thing. I was using it as a timer while I aired up at the end of a long day doing the Triple Threat and left it on the last tire as I coiled up my hose. I was super embarrassed having to ask a buddy to call my phone as I hauled ass back to where we aired up.

Insurance sent me a refurbished phone after paying the deductible... I ran that one over after airing up on my last Moon Rocks trip.
Glad to know I'm not the only one to have done this 🤪

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ha! That sucks! but honestly thought it would be more smashed.
Honestly, me too! All the cracks came from me driving over it on our gravel drive. I thought for sure it'd be toast. Well, more so than it is anyway LOL

Top Bottom