A new eruption just started here in Hawaii

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Glad you didn't get stranded out there but please be respectful of your neighbor that is flooded. At the speed you were traveling through the water you are pushing a wake in front of you that travels all the way to that house. It is frustrating enough to be standing in your home while your belongings are floating in water without the waves of passing vehicles washing thru. This was something that caused lots of problems during the flooding last year here in Houston. Not trying to be some over critical jackass. Just saying, please slow down when driving past a flooded home if you venture out again. It sucks when it's your house. Stay safe and good luck!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

You are being an over critical jackass. Relax

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Went for a drive today. All of the “rivers” through the roads were gone. This pic was taken of the road that I was attempting to reach on higher ground to make it back home. As you can see, it was much worse and I wouldn’t have made it anyway. Someone was not as lucky as I was last night.

IMG_6941.JPG
IMG_6940.JPG
IMG_6939.JPG
IMG_6943.JPG
IMG_6942.JPG

jdofmemi

Here are the four seasons of Kalifornia, the old joke goes: earthquake, fire, flood and drought

Sometimes drought is left out and replaced with riot.

Unlike seasons in most places ours can overlap each other.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
So in light of my stupidity and desperation to get back home.... what should be done maintenance wise? The top of my headlight is 46” and it buried it. Definitely planning on changing diff/trans fluid despite the extended breathers. Anything else?

wjtstudios

Hooked
So in light of my stupidity and desperation to get back home.... what should be done maintenance wise? The top of my headlight is 46” and it buried it. Definitely planning on changing diff/trans fluid despite the extended breathers. Anything else?

Yeah, that’s all I typically change after a wet run. Hit the diffs, check your filter, otherwise it should be fine.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Back to eruption stuff... for those of you who use Gaia, they just updated the usgs layer with fissure locations. If you use the satellite underlay, you can see where the fissures popped out in relation to the neighborhood.

IMG_6952.jpg

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
How’s the activity now. Has the river begun to slow down yet?

The huge river has stopped. There’s still a small ocean entry somewhere down there but nothing like it was before. A tour boat got smoked a few weeks back from an explosion at the big entry. There is still a small lava lake in the cone of the fissure, indicating that this thing is far from over. Previous eruptions also had lulls in activity before having more huge breakouts. We’ll see what happens in the weeks, months, even years to come.

There is also a new black sand beach at the pohoiki boat ramp. You can see how close the lava came to this iconic local spot. This was a major local surf and hangout spot before the eruption. Now it’s cut off. Hopefully one day they’ll clear a new road down there after this is over... assuming it doesn’t get covered the future eruptions.
IMG_6954.JPG

jesse3638

Hooked
There is a guy on YouTube I've been following since the eruption. He was ecstatic the day the river slowed down and stopped. I've never pretty familiar with the streets and land marks in Lelani Estates because of it. Volcanoes remind us just how powerful this earth really is.

Are things getting back to normal over there? I'm sure there are still people displaced bit hopefully they're beginning to move forward.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom