A new eruption just started here in Hawaii

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
That was during a decent shower. Nothing really out of the ordinary for Hilo side but something to pay attention to. Here are updated pictures as we sit between rain bands.

IMG_6904.JPG
IMG_6905.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
I just walked around my property to batten down the hatches...it is going to get wet. Bathtub full for coffee and dog water...I have a pool to use to flush the toilets if necessary...threw a couple 20 lb bags of ice in the garage fridge...couple bags of lump charcoal for the grill (fortunately I have a gas stovetop)...jeep full of gas, including the 10 gal reserve behind the spare...F250 full of diesel...150 gals of gas in the boat for emergency gas stash...threw a couple extra cases of beer in the garage...I think I'm good to go.

Your emergency plans sound very similar to your going fishing plans. Just sayin. ;)

Stay safe over there.

Brute

Hooked
Making a giant pot of beef stew...just got a slab of ahi for poke later...

Hope you guys weather it ok...people onnOahu are making a run on the gas stations and banks, all of which are closing early today...a hui hou!

Tanktitan

This is how New Orleans prepares for a hurricane (but that does not always work out so well if you actually have to do anything after drinking it):

INGREDIENTS IN THE HURRICANE COCKTAIL

2 oz White rum
2 oz Dark rum
1 oz Lime juice
1 oz Orange juice
2 oz Passion fruit juice
1⁄2 oz Simple syrup
1⁄2 oz Grenadine

Garnish:
1 Orange wheel and cherry

Glass: Hurricane

Add all the ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.

Shake, and strain into a large Hurricane glass filled with fresh ice.

Garnish with an orange half-wheel and a cherry.

black pearl

Hooked
Hope everyone over there stays safe!

My aunt on the big island just posted this on Facebook. Got to keep a little humor in trying times.

With the caption...Hawaiians preparing for the hurricane.
IMG_3117.JPG

Brute

Hooked
This is how New Orleans prepares for a hurricane (but that does not always work out so well if you actually have to do anything after drinking it):

INGREDIENTS IN THE HURRICANE COCKTAIL

2 oz White rum
2 oz Dark rum
1 oz Lime juice
1 oz Orange juice
2 oz Passion fruit juice
1⁄2 oz Simple syrup
1⁄2 oz Grenadine

Garnish:
1 Orange wheel and cherry

Glass: Hurricane

Add all the ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.

Shake, and strain into a large Hurricane glass filled with fresh ice.

Garnish with an orange half-wheel and a cherry.

My favorite 'Nawlins cocktail is from E. Hemingway call "Death In The Afternoon"...a jigger of Absinthe in a champagne glass topped off with iced Brut champagne...I've brought several bottles of Absinthe back from NO to HI on multiple trips...I love that place...

Andy5160

Hooked
My favorite 'Nawlins cocktail is from E. Hemingway call "Death In The Afternoon"...a jigger of Absinthe in a champagne glass topped off with iced Brut champagne...I've brought several bottles of Absinthe back from NO to HI on multiple trips...I love that place...

Absinthe is a killer[emoji3][emoji3] few years back I brought a bottle to my friend. Two shots and he was under the picnic table [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked

🤣 that’s hilarious.

We are getting smashed with rain on Hilo side but otherwise okay. Wind isn’t bad if there is any at all. So far almost 24” in 48 hours. I have to say, we just built this house a year ago and the guys who graded my lot did one heck of a job. All the water flows right around with at least a 50’ barrier.

IMG_6921.JPG

Brute

Hooked
🤣 that’s hilarious.

We are getting smashed with rain on Hilo side but otherwise okay. Wind isn’t bad if there is any at all. So far almost 24” in 48 hours. I have to say, we just built this house a year ago and the guys who graded my lot did one heck of a job. All the water flows right around with at least a 50’ barrier.

View attachment 309047

Right on...you guys on the Big Isle are always the "rock that breaks the wave"...a hui hou

Top Bottom