2023 NEW YEAR's KICK OFF RUN

The Viar 450P kit is hard to beat for a portable 12 volt kit... 100% duty cycle (under 100 psi) and 1.8 CFM. comes with a bag, hose, and tire inflator with a gauge
amazon link

The ARB's are nice & work great for permanent install but are expensive

Don't waste your money on the smitybilt, I have no experience with it but most of their products are cheap rebranded Chinese junk. They look similar to the Slime brand compressor I got years ago for $100. Great for ATV & small car tires, first attempt at airing up a trailer tire to 70 PSI took forever then got so hot it melted the hose off. It almost left me stranded.
There is a new 450P compressor which just appeared on Amazon this month. It is black (with black bag) and appears to be the successor/replacement to/for the silver model.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just picked up a couple radios.
I have a small side job coming up. Hoping to pick up an ARB compressor. If not I may go with the smittybuilt. I am open for suggestions.
Glad to hear you got a radio! As far as compressors go, I think you've gotten a lot of good input from others here. I will say that I do own a Smittybilt compressor and has worked well for me but I have seen plenty that haven't. I think, it's not that they're all junk, just that they don't have good quality control and so it's a hit and miss kind of thing.

CalSgt

Hooked
There is a new 450P compressor which just appeared on Amazon this month. It is black (with black bag) and appears to be the successor/replacement to/for the silver model.
Viar’s website shows both but you are right, they weren’t available in black when I bought mine.

Viar’s website shows both but you are right, they weren’t available in black when I bought mine.
I just ordered the this one based on your recommendation so you are totally responsible if I don't like it. 😄.

It may be that black is just a new style and the original will continue. The deciding point for me was that product delivery is promised a week earlier than the natural aluminum one. Hopefully the black finish will not get ugly.

BTW - we should have a video from the trip up tomorrow (y)
I just saw the teaser on Instagram and hold on, you like Angels and Airwaves??? They're one of my all time favorite bands after Blink 182 - both who share the same lead guitarist Tom Delonge who I ran into in Encinitas last year. Crazy experience meeting the guy who got me into playing guitar. Anyway great song choice and I can't wait for the video! 👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just saw the teaser on Instagram and hold on, you like Angels and Airwaves??? They're one of my all time favorite bands after Blink 182 - both who share the same lead guitarist Tom Delonge who I ran into in Encinitas last year. Crazy experience meeting the guy who got me into playing guitar. Anyway great song choice and I can't wait for the video! 👍
LOL - Were you even alive when Blink 182 was a thing? Well, I suppose they're still a thing but yeah, love Angels and Airwaves - one of our favorites for sure.

Tom Delonge who I ran into in Encinitas last year. Crazy experience meeting the guy who got me into playing guitar. Anyway great song choice and I can't wait for the video! 👍

Tom got me into playing guitar as well.

Since you saw him in his home town, did you ask him to break you off with pit tickets to one of the SD shows?!

TrailHunter

Hooked
Wow... just wow! Those are awesome. Was this you or your wife taking the pics?
Both.. We love photography. Everything I posted here is just our iphones... the last 3 edited using new software I just got. But we’ve decided to pull our DSLR out and I’m getting a new camera soon. Figure I might as well put what I learned in college to good use with some better quality shots. We’ll see how that goes. Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Both.. We love photography. Everything I posted here is just our iphones... the last 3 edited using new software I just got. But we’ve decided to pull our DSLR out and I’m getting a new camera soon. Figure I might as well put what I learned in college to good use with some better quality shots. We’ll see how that goes. Lol
Awesome! Hard to believe the kind of shots you can get out of an iphone these days. (y)
Just wanted to take a second to thank Eddie and Cindy for putting on such an awesome event and introducing us to to so many great people and friends.
Hey Larry, it was great having you on this run with us and it was great seeing your whole family at the end of the day too. Hope you got your wife's Jeep cleaned up well enough so that she lets you do it again :D

TrailHunter

Hooked
Awesome! Hard to believe the kind of shots you can get out of an iphone these days. (y)
It’s almost cheating at this point.. Shit, I learned SLR’s with actual 35mm film and didn’t see the result until it was developed. But digital can be a lot of fun too. Instant gratification. The wife and I are just amateurs and hobbyists at best, with a lot to learn… We really enjoy the pro images You and Cindy create.

Top Bottom